A model of pricing behavior: An econometric case study
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 36 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Clarke, Roger & Davies, Stephen W, 1982. "Market Structure and Price-Cost Margins," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(195), pages 277-87, August.
- Peter E. Earl, 1991. "Normal Cost versus Marginalist Models of Pricing: A Behavioral Perspective," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 13(2), pages 264-281, January.
- Silberston, Aubrey, 1970. "Surveys of Applied Economics: Price Behaviour of Firms," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 80(319), pages 511-82, September.
- Cubbin, John, 1983. "Apparent collusion and conjectural variations in differentiated oligopoly," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 155-163, June.
- F. S. Lee & J. Irving-Lessmann, 1992. "The Fate of an Errant Hypothesis: The Doctrine of Normal-Cost Prices," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 24(2), pages 273-309, Summer.
- Nooteboom, Bart, 1982.
"A new theory of retailing costs,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 163-186.
- Shipley, David D, 1981. "Pricing Objectives in British Manufacturing Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 429-43, June.
- Gagnon, Joseph E. & Knetter, Michael M., 1995.
"Markup adjustment and exchange rate fluctuations: evidence from panel data on automobile exports,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 289-310, April.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Michael M. Knetter, 1992. "Markup Adjustment and Exchange Rate Fluctuations: Evidence From Panel Data on Automobile Exports," NBER Working Papers 4123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Godley, Wynne A H & Nordhaus, William D, 1972. "Pricing in the Trade Cycle," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(327), pages 853-82, September.
- Nooteboom, B., 1985. "A mark-up model of retail margins," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-373080, Tilburg University.
- Nooteboom, B. & Thurik, A.R., 1985.
"Retail margins during recession and growth,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-373078, Tilburg University.
- Samiee, Saeed, 1987. "Pricing in marketing strategies of U.S.- and foreign-based companies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 17-30, February.
- Day, Richard H & Aigner, Dennis J & Smith, Kenneth R, 1971. "Safety Margins and Profit Maximization in the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 1293-1301, Nov.-Dec..
- Skinner, R C, 1970. "The Determination of Selling Prices," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 201-17, July.
- Nooteboom, B., 1988.
"Normal costs and demand effects in price setting: A study of retailing,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-373064, Tilburg University.
- Nooteboom, Bart & Kleijweg, Aad & Thurik, Roy, 1988. "Normal costs and demand effects in price setting : A study of retailing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 999-1011, April.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1975. "The Impact of Aggregate Demand on Prices," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 6(3), pages 613-670.
- Naish, Howard F, 1990. "The Near Optimality of Mark-Up Pricing," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(3), pages 555-85, July.
- Sawyer, Malcolm C., 1982. "On the specification of structure-performance relationships," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 295-306.
- Cowling, Keith & Waterson, Michael, 1976. "Price-Cost Margins and Market Structure," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(171), pages 267-74, August.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1974. "The Falling Share of Profits," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 5(1), pages 169-218.
- Cowling, Keith, 1976. "On the theoretical specification of industrial structure-performance relationships," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-14, June.
- Knetter, Michael M, 1989. "Price Discrimination by U.S. and German Exporters," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 198-210, March.
- Phillips, Almarin, 1976. "A Critique of Empirical Studies of Relations between Market Structure and Profitability," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 241-49, June.
- Offerman, T.J.S. & Potters, J.J.M., 2000.
"Does Auctioning of Entry Licences Affect Consumers Prices? An Experimental Study,"
2000-53, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Theo Offerman & Jan Potters, 2000. "Does Auctioning of Entry Licenses affect Consumer Prices? An Experimental Study," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-046/1, Tinbergen Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.