Wealth seeking reconsidered
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 18 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giacomo Corneo & Olivier Jeanne, 1994. "Conspicuous Consumption and the Existence of Upward Sloping Demand Curves," Discussion Paper Serie A 461, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Yamada, Katsunori, 2008. "Macroeconomic implications of conspicuous consumption: A Sombartian dynamic model," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 322-337, July.
- Yoshiyasu Ono & Katsunori Yamada, 2012.
"Difference or Ratio: Implication of Status Preference on Stagnation,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0856rr, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, revised Jan 2014.
- Yoshiyasu Ono & Katsunori Yamada, 2012. "Difference or Ratio: Implication of Status Preference on Stagnation," ISER Discussion Paper 0856, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, revised Mar 2013.
- Corneo, Giacomo & Jeanne, Olivier, 1997. "On relative wealth effects and the optimality of growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 87-92, January.
- Ngo Van Long & Koji Shimomura, 2002.
"Relative Wealth, Status Seeking, and Catching Up,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Michael Rauscher, 1997. "Conspicuous consumption, economic growth, and taxation," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 66(1), pages 35-42, February.
- Conchita D’Ambrosio & Joachim R. Frick, 2007.
"Individual Well-Being in a Dynamic Perspective,"
64, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Conchita D'Ambrosio & Joachim R. Frick, 2007. "Individual Well-Being in a Dynamic Perspective," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 673, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- D'Ambrosio, Conchita & Frick, Joachim R., 2007. "Individual Well-Being in a Dynamic Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 2618, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Conchita D'Ambrosio & Joachim R. Frick, 2007. "Individual Well-Being in a Dynamic Perspective," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 5, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Ngo Van Long & Stephanie F. McWhinnie, 2010.
"The Tragedy of the Commons in a Fishery when Relative Performance Matters,"
School of Economics Working Papers
2010-07, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Van Long, Ngo & McWhinnie, Stephanie F., 2012. "The tragedy of the commons in a fishery when relative performance matters," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 140-154.
- Franz Wirl, 1994. "The ramsey model revisited: The optimality of cyclical consumption and growth," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 60(1), pages 81-98, February.
- John Komlos & Peter Salamon, 2005.
"The Poverty of Growth with Interdependent Utility Functions,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1470, CESifo Group Munich.
- Komlos, John & Salamon, Peter, 2008. "The poverty of growth with interdependent utility functions," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2242-2247, December.
- Salamon, Peter & Komlos, John, 2005. "The Poverty of Growth with Interdependent Utility Functions," Discussion Papers in Economics 619, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Konrad, Kai A., 2007. "Strategy in contests: an introduction," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2007-01, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Byeongju Jeong, 2013. "Bargaining and Wealth Accumulation," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp479, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Corneo, Giacomo & Jeanne, Olivier, 1998. "Social organization, status, and savings behavior," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 37-51, October.
- Rege, Mari, 2008. "Why do people care about social status?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 233-242, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.