Frames of Reference and the Quality of Life
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 79 (1989)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Farhang Niroomand & Edward Nissan, 2007. "Socio-Economic Gaps within the EU: A Comparison," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 365-378, August.
- Elliott, Catherine S. & Hayward, Donald M., 1998. "The expanding definition of framing and its particular impact on economic experimentation," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 229-243.
- Clark, Andrew E., 2007. "Born To Be Mild? Cohort Effects Don’t (Fully) Explain Why Well-Being Is U-Shaped in Age," IZA Discussion Papers 3170, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 2001.
"A cognitive model of individual well-being,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 269-288.
- de la Croix, David, 1998.
"Growth and the relativity of satisfaction,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 105-125, September.
- de la Croix, David, 1995. "Economic Growth and the Relativity of Satisfaction," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1995023, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Julia Sophie Woersdorfer, 2008. "From Status-Seeking Consumption to Social Norms. An Application to the Consumption of Cleanliness," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2008-10, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Evolutionary Economics Group.
- De Waegenaere, Anja & Wakker, Peter P., 2001. "Nonmonotonic Choquet integrals," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 45-60, September.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00590307 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ferrer-i-Carbonell, Ada, 2005. "Income and well-being: an empirical analysis of the comparison income effect," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(5-6), pages 997-1019, June.
- Gjerde, Jon & Grepperud, Sverre & Kverndokk, Snorre, 2009. "On adaptation, life-extension possibilities and the demand for health," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2001:7, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Dionysia Lambiri & Bianca Biagi & Vicente Royuela, 2007.
"Quality of Life in the Economic and Urban Economic Literature,"
Social Indicators Research,
Springer, vol. 84(1), pages 1-25, October.
- B. Biagi & D. Lambiri & V. Royuela, 2006. "Quality of Life in the Economic and Urban Economic Literature," Working Paper CRENoS 200610, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Bjørnskov, Christian & Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Pedersen, Peder J., 2005. "What Buys Happiness? Analyzing Trends in Subjective Well-Being in 15 European Countries, 1973-2002," IZA Discussion Papers 1716, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Khalil, Elias L., 1996. "Respect, admiration, aggrandizement: Adam Smith as economic psychologist," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 555-577, November.
- Nattavudh Powdthavee, 2003.
"Is the Structure of Happiness Equations the Same in Poor and Rich Countries? The Case of South Africa,"
Development and Comp Systems
0309003, EconWPA, revised 06 Nov 2003.
- Powdthavee, Nattavudh, 2003. "Is The Structure Of Happiness Equations The Same In Poor And Rich Countries? The Case Of South Africa," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 675, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2002019 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell, 2002. "Income and Well-being," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-019/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Magnani, Elisabetta, 2000. "The Environmental Kuznets Curve, environmental protection policy and income distribution," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 431-443, March.
- Mª del Salinas-Jiménez & Joaquín Artés & Javier Salinas-Jiménez, 2011. "Education as a Positional Good: A Life Satisfaction Approach," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 103(3), pages 409-426, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.