Crisis dynamics of implied default recovery ratios: Evidence from Russia and Argentina
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 25 (2001)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hayne E. Leland and Klaus Bjerre Toft., 1995.
"Optimal Capital Structure, Endogenous Bankruptcy, and the Term Structure of Credit Spreads,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
RPF-259, University of California at Berkeley.
- Leland, Hayne E & Toft, Klaus Bjerre, 1996. " Optimal Capital Structure, Endogenous Bankruptcy, and the Term Structure of Credit Spreads," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 987-1019, July.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Fons, Jerome S, 1987. " The Default Premium and Corporate Bond Experience," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(1), pages 81-97, March.
- Claessens, Stijn & Pennacchi, George, 1996. "Estimating the Likelihood of Mexican Default from the Market Prices of Brady Bonds," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 109-126, March.
- Wu, Chunchi, 1991. "A Certainty Equivalent Approach to Municipal Bond Default Risk Estimation," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 14(3), pages 241-47, Fall.
- Oshiro, Naoto & Saruwatari, Yasufumi, 2005. "Quantification of sovereign risk: Using the information in equity market prices," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 346-362, December.
- Berardi, Andrea & Ciraolo, Stefania & Trova, Michele, 2004. "Predicting default probabilities and implementing trading strategies for emerging markets bond portfolios," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 447-469, December.
- Kim Oosterlinck & Loredana Ureche-Rangau, 2008.
"Multiple Potential Payers and Sovereign Bond Prices,"
Working Papers CEB
08-011.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kim Oosterlinck & Loredana Ureche-Rangau, 2008. "Multiple Potential Payers and Sovereign Bond Prices," Working Papers 75, Bank of Greece.
- Kim Oosterlinck & Loredana Ureche-Rangau, 2008. "Multiple potential payers and sovereign bond prices," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14301, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Sy, Amadou N.R., 2004.
"Rating the rating agencies: Anticipating currency crises or debt crises?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2845-2867, November.
- Amadou N. R. Sy, 2003. "Rating the Rating Agencies: Anticipating Currency Crises or Debt Crises," IMF Working Papers 03/122, International Monetary Fund.
- Daniel Waldenström & Bruno S. Frey, 2007.
"Did Nordic Countries Recognize the Gathering Storm of World War II? Evidence from the Bond Markets,"
IEW - Working Papers
336, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Waldenström, Daniel & Frey, Bruno S., 2008. "Did nordic countries recognize the gathering storm of World War II? Evidence from the bond markets," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 107-126, April.
- Daniel Waldenstrom & Bruno S. Frey, 2007. "Did Nordic Countries Recognize the Gathering Storm of World War II? Evidence from the Bond Markets," CREMA Working Paper Series 2007-18, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Ramiro Sosa Navarro, 2005. "Default Recovery Values and Implied Default Probabilities Estimations: Evidence from the Argentinean Crisis," Documents de recherche 05-21, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Sturzenegger, Federico & Zettelmeyer, Jeromin, 2008.
"Haircuts: Estimating investor losses in sovereign debt restructurings, 1998-2005,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 780-805, September.
- Jeromin Zettelmeyer & Federico Sturzenegger, 2005. "Haircuts: Estimating Investor Losses in Sovereign Debt Restructurings, 1998-2005," IMF Working Papers 05/137, International Monetary Fund.
- Sergio L. Schmukler & Luis Serven, 2002.
"Pricing Currency Risk: Facts and Puzzles from Currency Boards,"
NBER Working Papers
9047, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schmukler, Sergio L. & Serven, Luis, 2002. "Pricing currency risk : facts and puzzles from currency boards," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2815, The World Bank.
- Schmukler, Sergio L. & Serven, Luis, 2002. "Pricing currency risk under currency boards," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 367-391, December.
- Manmohan Singh, 2003. "Are Credit Default Swaps Spreads High in Emerging Markets-An Alternative Methodology for Proxying Recovery Value," IMF Working Papers 03/242, International Monetary Fund.
- Cruces, Juan J., 2006. "Statistical properties of country credit ratings," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 27-51, March.
- Liz Dixon-Smith & Roman Goossens & Simon Hayes, 2005. "Default probabilities and expected recovery: an analysis of emerging market sovereign bonds," Bank of England working papers 261, Bank of England.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.