Having the cake and eating it too: efficient penalty clauses in Common and Civil contract law
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Review of Law and Economics.
Volume (Year): 22 (2002)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/irle
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stole, Lars A, 1992. "The Economics of Liquidated Damage Clauses in Contractual Environments with Private Information," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 582-606, October.
- Chung, Tai-Yeong, 1992.
"On the Social Optimality of Liquidated Damage Clauses: An Economic Analysis,"
Journal of Law, Economics and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 280-305, April.
- Chung, T.Y., 1991. "On the Social Optimality of Liquidated Damage Clauses: An Economic Analysis," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9102, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Georgakopoulos, Nicholas L., 1997. "Predictability and legal evolution," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 475-489, December.
- Che, Y.K. & Chung, Y.T., 1996.
"Contract Damages and Cooperative Investments,"
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
9612, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Samuel A. Rea, Jr., 1984. "Efficiency Implications of Penalties and Liquidated Damages," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(1), pages 147-168, January.
- Klein, Benjamin, 1980. "Transaction Cost Determinants of "Unfair" Contractual Arrangements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(2), pages 356-62, May.
- Aghion, Philippe & Bolton, Patrick, 1987. "Contracts as a Barrier to Entry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 388-401, June.
- Jesse Bull, 2009.
"Costly Evidence And Systems Of Fact-Finding,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 103-125, 04.
- Bryane Michael (Linacre College), . "Drafting Implementing Regulations for International Anti-Corruption Conventions," QEH Working Papers qehwps150, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- SALMON, Pierre & BRETON, Albert, 2005. "Bijural services as factors of production," LEG - Document de travail - Economie 2005-01, LEG, Laboratoire d'Economie et de Gestion, CNRS, Université de Bourgogne.
- Ian A. MacKenzie & Markus Ohndorf & Charles Palmer, 2010.
"Enforcement-proof contracts with moral hazard in precaution: ensuring ‘permanence’ in carbon sequestration,"
Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment Working Papers
27, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Ian A. MacKenzie & Markus Ohndorf & Charles Palmer, 2012. "Enforcement-proof contracts with moral hazard in precaution: ensuring 'permanence' in carbon sequestration," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(2), pages 350-374, April.
- Chiara Fumagalli & Massimo Motta & Thomas Rønde, 2009.
"Exclusive Dealing: The Interaction between Foreclosure and Investment Promotion,"
2009.120, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Fumagalli, Chiara & Motta, Massimo & Rønde, Thomas, 2009. "Exclusive dealing: the interaction between foreclosure and investment promotion," CEPR Discussion Papers 7240, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.