An antitrust analysis of bundled loyalty discounts
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 26 (2008)
Issue (Month): 5 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carbajo, Jose & de Meza, David & Seidmann, Daniel J, 1990. "A Strategic Motivation for Commodity Bundling," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 283-98, March.
- Brown,Stephen J. & Sibley,David Sumner, 1986. "The Theory of Public Utility Pricing," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314008, April.
- David S. Sibley & Padmanabhan Srinagesh, 1997. "Multiproduct Nonlinear Pricing with Multiple Taste Characteristics," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(4), pages 684-707, Winter.
- Whinston, Michael D, 1990.
"Tying, Foreclosure, and Exclusion,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 837-59, September.
- Ramón Caminal & Adina Claici, 2005.
"Are loyalty-rewarding pricing schemes anti-competitive?,"
228, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Caminal, Ramon & Claici, Adina, 2007. "Are loyalty-rewarding pricing schemes anti-competitive?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 657-674, August.
- Caminal, Ramón & Claici, Adina, 2005. "Are loyalty-rewarding pricing schemes anti-competitive?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5353, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chen, Yongmin, 1997. "Equilibrium Product Bundling," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(1), pages 85-103, January.
- Barry Nalebuff, 2004. "Bundling as an Entry Barrier," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 119(1), pages 159-187, February.
- Frank Mathewson & Ralph A. Winter, 1997. "Tying as a Response to Demand Uncertainty," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(3), pages 566-583, Autumn.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Michael Waldman, 1998.
"The Strategic Use of Tying to Preserve and Create Market Power in Evolving Industries,"
NBER Working Papers
6831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Michael Waldman, 2002. "The Strategic Use of Tying to Preserve and Create Market Power in Evolving Industries," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(2), pages 194-220, Summer.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Michael Waldman, 1998. "The Strategic Use Of Tying To Preserve And Create Market Power In Evolving Industries," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 145, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Michael Waldman, 2005. "Tying, Upgrades, and Switching Costs in Durable-Goods Markets," NBER Working Papers 11407, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sreya Kolay & Greg Shaffer & Janusz A. Ordover, 2004. "All-Units Discounts in Retail Contracts," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 429-459, 09.
- Vrinda Kadiyali & Pradeep Chintagunta & Naufel Vilcassim, 2000. "Manufacturer-Retailer Channel Interactions and Implications for Channel Power: An Empirical Investigation of Pricing in a Local Market," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(2), pages 127-148, September.
- Frank Maier-Rigaud & Ulrich Schwalbe, 2013. "Do Retroactive Rebates Imply Lower Prices for Consumers?," Working Papers 2013-ECO-10, IESEG School of Management.
- Alessandro Avenali & Anna D’Annunzio & Pierfrancesco Reverberi, 2013.
"Bundling, Competition and Quality Investment: A Welfare Analysis,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 221-241, November.
- Alessandro Avenali & Anna D'Annunzio & Pierfrancesco Reverberi, 2011. "Bundling, Competition and Quality Investment: a Welfare Analysis," DIS Technical Reports 2011-02, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- A. Mantovani, 2010.
"The strategic effect of bundling: a new perspective,"
705, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Andrea Mantovani, 2013. "The Strategic Effect of Bundling: A New Perspective," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 25-43, February.
- Julia Graf, 2014. "The effects of rebate contracts on the health care system," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 15(5), pages 477-487, June.
- John Asker & Heski Bar-Isaac, 2012. "Vertical Practices Facilitating Exclusion," Working Papers 12-20, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- DeGraba, Patrick, 2013. "Naked exclusion by a dominant input supplier: Exclusive contracting and loyalty discounts," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 516-526.
- Calzolari, Giacomo & Denicolò, Vincenzo, 2011. "On the anti-competitive effects of quantity discounts," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 337-341, May.
- Jungwoo Shin & Chang Seob Kimi & Jongsu Lee, 2009. "Model for Studying Commodity Bundling with a Focus on Consumer Preference," TEMEP Discussion Papers 200934, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Nov 2009.
- Eberhard Feess & Ansgar Wohlschlegel, 2010. "All-Unit Discounts and the Problem of Surplus Division," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 161-178, November.
- Damien Neven & Miguel Mano, 2010. "Economics at DG Competition, 2009–2010," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 309-333, December.
- Yongmin Chen & David E. M. Sappington, 2011. "Exclusive Contracts, Innovation, and Welfare," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 194-220, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.