Institutions and internation business: a theoretical overview
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Business Review.
Volume (Year): 11 (2002)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hanson, John R., 1999. "Culture Shock and Direct Investment in Poor Countries," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 59(01), pages 1-16, March.
- Eggertsson,Thrainn, 1990. "Economic Behavior and Institutions," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521348911, October.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2001. "Toward a Comparative Institutional Analysis," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011875, December.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997.
"How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
63, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 2000. "How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?," NBER Working Papers 6030, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dailami, Mansoor & Leipziger, Danny, 1998.
"Infrastructure Project Finance and Capital Flows: A New Perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1283-1298, July.
- Dailami, Mansoor & Leipziger, Danny, 1997. "Infrastructure project finance and capital flows : a new perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1861, The World Bank.
- Jiahua Che & Yingyi Qian, 1998.
"Insecure Property Rights And Government Ownership Of Firms,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 113(2), pages 467-496, May.
- Jiahua Che & Yingyi Qian, 1997. "Insecure Property rights and Government Ownership of Firms," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 51, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jiahua Che & Yingyi Qian, . "Insecure Property Rights and Government Ownership of Firms," Working Papers 97050, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- David W Loree & Stephen E Guisinger, 1995. "Policy and Non-Policy Determinants of U.S. Equity Foreign Direct Investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(2), pages 281-299, June.
- Kobrin, Stephen J., 1981. "Political assessment by international firms: Models or methodologies?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 251-270, May.
- Bardhan, Pranab, 1989. "The new institutional economics and development theory: A brief critical assessment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(9), pages 1389-1395, September.
- Banerjee, A.V., 1997. "A Theory of Misgovernance," Working papers 97-4, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Paul R. Milgrom & Douglass C. North & Barry R. Weingast, 1990. "The Role Of Institutions In The Revival Of Trade: The Law Merchant, Private Judges, And The Champagne Fairs," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(1), pages 1-23, 03.
- Gastanaga, Victor M. & Nugent, Jeffrey B. & Pashamova, Bistra, 1998. "Host Country Reforms and FDI Inflows: How Much Difference do they Make?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1299-1314, July.
- Greif, Avner, 1992. "Institutions and International Trade: Lessons from the Commercial Revolution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 128-33, May.
- Viktor Vanberg, 1992. "Organizations as constitutional systems," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 223-253, March.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V, 1997. "A Theory of Misgovernance," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1289-1332, November.
- Jamuna Agarwal, 1980. "Determinants of foreign direct investment: A survey," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 116(4), pages 739-773, December.
- Mudambi, Ram & Navarra, Pietro & Paul, Chris, 2002. " Institutions and Market Reform in Emerging Economies: A Rent Seeking Perspective," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 112(1-2), pages 185-202, July.
- Henisz, Witold J, 2000. "The Institutional Environment for Multinational Investment," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 334-64, October.
- Witold J. Henisz & Bennet A. Zelner, 2001. "The Institutional Environment for Telecommunications Investment," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 123-147, 03.
- North, Douglass C., 1971. "Institutional Change and Economic Growth," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 118-125, March.
- Bevan, Alan & Estrin, Saul & Meyer, Klaus, 2004. "Foreign investment location and institutional development in transition economies," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 43-64, February.
- Ali, Fathi & Fiess, Norbert & MacDonald, Ronald, 2008.
"Do Institutions Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2008-34, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Fathi Ali & Norbert Fiess & Ronald MacDonald, 2010. "Do Institutions Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 201-219, April.
- Fathi Ali & Norbert Fiess & Ronald MacDonald, 2008. "Do Institutions Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?," Working Papers 2008_26, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Gripsrud, Geir & Benito, Gabriel R.G., 2005. "Internationalization in retailing: modeling the pattern of foreign market entry," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(12), pages 1672-1680, December.
- White, George O. & Hemphill, Thomas A. & Joplin, Janice R.W. & Marsh, Laurence A., 2014. "Wholly owned foreign subsidiary relation-based strategies in volatile environments," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 303-312.
- Tüselmann, Heinz-Josef & McDonald, Frank & Thorpe, Richard, 2006. "The emerging approach to employee relations in German overseas affiliates: A role model for international operation?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 66-80, February.
- Argentino Pessoa, 2008. "Multinational Corporations, Foreign Investment, and Royalties and License Fees: Effects on Host-Country Total Factor Productivity," Notas Económicas, Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra, issue 28, pages 6-31, December.
- Zhang, Jianhong & Zhou, Chaohong & Ebbers, Haico, 2011. "Completion of Chinese overseas acquisitions: Institutional perspectives and evidence," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 226-238, April.
- John Dunning & Sarianna Lundan, 2008. "Institutions and the OLI paradigm of the multinational enterprise," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 573-593, December.
- Janowicz, M.K. & Noorderhaven, N.G., 2002. "The Role of Trust in Interorganizational Learning in Joint Ventures," Discussion Paper 2002-119, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- repec:rdg:wpaper:em-dp2004-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sethi, Deepak & Judge, William, 2009. "Reappraising liabilities of foreignness within an integrated perspective of the costs and benefits of doing business abroad," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 404-416, August.
- Riddle, Liesl & Brinkerhoff, Jennifer, 2011. "Diaspora entrepreneurs as institutional change agents: The case of Thamel.com," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 670-680.
- Stoian, Carmen & Filippaios, Fragkiskos, 2008. "Dunning's eclectic paradigm: A holistic, yet context specific framework for analysing the determinants of outward FDI: Evidence from international Greek investments," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 349-367, June.
- Trevino, Len J. & Thomas, Douglas E. & Cullen, John, 2008. "The three pillars of institutional theory and FDI in Latin America: An institutionalization process," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 118-133, February.
- Mark Mcgovern & Nurcan Temel Candemir, 2006. "Agents, Institutions and Regions in Transition," ERSA conference papers ersa06p788, European Regional Science Association.
- Magdalena Owczarczuk, 2013. "Property Rights as a Factor of Foreign Direct Investment. The Case of Poland," Oeconomia Copernicana, Polskie Towarzystwo Ekonomiczne Oddzial w Toruniu, Wydzial Nauk Ekonomicznych i Zarzadzania UMK, vol. 2, pages 97-116.
- Fainshmidt, Stav & White, George O. & Cangioni, Carole, 2014. "Legal Distance, Cognitive Distance, and Conflict Resolution in International Business Intellectual Property Disputes," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 188-200.
- Deepak Sethi & William Judge & Qian Sun, 2011. "FDI distribution within China: An integrative conceptual framework for analyzing intra-country FDI variations," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 325-352, June.
- Zhang, Jianhong & He, Xinming, 2014. "Economic nationalism and foreign acquisition completion: The case of China," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 212-227.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.