Institutions and International Trade: Lessons from the Commercial Revolution
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 82 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M. & Knudsen, Thorbjørn, 2008. "The emergence of property rights enforcement in early trade: A behavioral model without reputational effects," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 48-62, October.
- Arup Maharatna, 2008. "Development of What? An Exposition of the Politics of Development Economics," Working Papers id:1819, eSocialSciences.
- Richardson, Gary & McBride, Michael, 2009.
"Religion, longevity, and cooperation: The case of the craft guild,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 172-186, August.
- Gary Richardson & Michael McBride, 2008. "Religion, Longevity, and Cooperation: The Case of the Craft Guild," NBER Working Papers 14004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jinjarak, Yothin, 2007. "Foreign direct investment and macroeconomic risk," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 509-519, September.
- Sumit Majumdar & Deepak Datta, 2009. "Foreign ownership and firm scope in India," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 39-52, February.
- Dalia Marin & Monika Schnitzer, 1998.
"Economic incentives and international trade,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 705-716, May.
- Dalia Marin & Monika Schnitzer, 2002.
"The Economic Institution Of International Barter,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(479), pages 293-316, April.
- Maslov, Alexander & Volchik, Vyacheslav, 2010. "Neutral Markets, Non-neutral Institutions and Economic Evolution," MPRA Paper 42692, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gonzalo Caballero, 2004. "Instituciones e historia económica: enfoques y teorías institucionales," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 6(10), pages 135-157, January-J.
- Kirstein, Roland & Schmidtchen, Dieter & Neunzig, Alexander R., 2004. "Conflict of law rules and international trade : a transaction costs approach," CSLE Discussion Paper Series 2004-01, Saarland University, CSLE - Center for the Study of Law and Economics.
- Esperanza Vera-Toscano & Victoria Ateca-Amestoy & Rafael Serrano-del-Rosal, 2004.
"Building Financial Satisfaction,"
IESA Working Papers Series
0412, Institute for Social Syudies of Andalusia - Higher Council for Scientific Research.
- James E. Anderson & Leslie Young, 2000.
"Trade Implies Law: The Power of the Weak,"
NBER Working Papers
7702, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mehmet Karacuka & Martin Leroch, 2005. "Denominational Schism: An Economic Perspective," Others 0512013, EconWPA.
- Berglof, Erik & Claessens, Stijn, 2004. "Enforcement and Corporate Governance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3409, The World Bank.
- Alice Nicole Sindzingre, 2007. "Poverty traps: a perspective from development economics," EconomiX Working Papers 2007-26, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Marina Murat & Barbara Pistoresi & Alberto Rinaldi, 2008. "Italian Diaspora and Foreign Direct Investment: A Cliometric Perspective," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 013, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics.
- Rubin, Jared, 2010. "Bills of exchange, interest bans, and impersonal exchange in Islam and Christianity," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 213-227, April.
- Ville, Simon, 2004. "Social Capital: An Insight Revealed or a Concept Too Many?," Economics Working Papers wp04-05, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.