The new institutional economics and development theory: A brief critical assessment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 17 (1989)
Issue (Month): 9 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mensah, Edouard R. & Karantininis, Kostas & Adegbidi, Anselme & Okello, Julius Juma, 2012. "Determinants of Commitment to Agricultural Cooperatives: Cashew Nuts Farmers in Benin," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125946, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nisha Taneja, 2007. "India's Informal Trade With SriLanka," Working Papers id:953, eSocialSciences.
- Kherallah, Mylène & Kirsten, Johann, 2001.
"The new institutional economics,"
MTID discussion papers
41, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Alkire, Sabina & Deneulin, Séverine, 1998.
"Individual Motivation, its Nature, Determinants and Consequences for Within Group Behavior,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1999033, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Alkire, S. & Deneulin, S., 2000. "Individual Motivation, Its Nature, Determinants and Consequences for within Group Behaviour," Research Paper 184, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Pranab Bardhan., 1996.
"The Nature of Institutional Impediments to Economic Development,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers
C96-066, University of California at Berkeley.
- Bardhan, Pranab, 1996. "The Nature of Institutional Impediments to Economic Development," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt8w12j7q1, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Mudambi, Ram & Navarra, Pietro, 2002. "Institutions and internation business: a theoretical overview," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 635-646, December.
- McMahon, Gary, 1997. "Applying economic analysis to technical assistance projects," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1749, The World Bank.
- Aggarwal, Rimjhim M., 2006. "Globalization, local ecosystems, and the rural poor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1405-1418, August.
- Duarte N. Leite & Sandra T. Silva & Óscar Afonso, 2012. "Institutions, Economics and the Development Quest," FEP Working Papers 457, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Deepak Lal, 1991. "Social Policy After Socialism," UCLA Economics Working Papers 641, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Fenwick, Colin & Howe, John & Marshall, Shelly & Landau, Ingrid, 2007. "Labour and labour-related laws in micro and small enterprises : innovative regulatory approaches," ILO Working Papers 403814, International Labour Organization.
- Pei Guo & Xiangping Jia, 2009.
"The structure and reform of rural finance in China,"
China Agricultural Economic Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 212-226, May.
- Pei Guo & Xiangping Jia, 2008. "The Structure and Reform of Rural Finance in China," Working Papers 0802, China Agricultural University, College of Economics and Management.
- Aggarwal, Rimjhim M., 2005. "Globalization, Local Ecosystems, and the Rural Poor," Working Paper Series RP2005/28, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Benfica, Rui M.S., 2007. "Interlinked Transactions in Cash Cropping Economies: Rationale for Persistence, and the Determinants of Farmer Participation and Performance in the Zambezi Valley of Mozambique," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 56069, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Malcolm Dunn, 2000. "Privatization, Land Reform, and Property Rights: the Mexican Experience," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 215-230, September.
- Epstein, Stephan R., 1992. "Regional fairs, institutional innovation and economic growth in late medieval Britain," Economic History Working Papers 22450, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Evans, Peter, 2006. "Extending the 'Institutional' Turn: Property, Politics and Development Trajectories," Working Paper Series RP2006/113, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Cook, Michael L. & Chaddad, Fabio R., 2000. "Agroindustrialization of the global agrifood economy: bridging development economics and agribusiness research," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 207-218, September.
- Rafael S. Espinosa Ramirez & Ana Torres Mata, 2004. "Corrupcion, inversion extranjera directa y reformas institucionales," EconoQuantum, Revista de Economia y Negocios, Universidad de Guadalajara, Centro Universitario de Ciencias Economico Administrativas, Departamento de Metodos Cuantitativos y Maestria en Economia., vol. 1(1), pages 17-39, Julio-Dic.
- Palau, Hernan & Jatib, Ines, 2003. "Constraints and Limitations to the Design and Implementation or Origin and Quality Assurance Systems for Argentine Beef," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 6(02).
- Takane, Tsutomu, 2000. "Incentives Embedded in Institutions: The Case of Share Contracts in Ghanaian Cocoa Production," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO), vol. 38(3), pages 374-397, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.