On the relationship between stock returns and exchange rates: Tests of granger causality
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Global Finance Journal.
Volume (Year): 9 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620162
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1161-76, December.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Hardouvelis, Gikas A., 1988. "Economic news, exchange rates and interest rates," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 23-35, March.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Fischer, Stanley, 1980. "Exchange Rates and the Current Account," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 960-71, December.
- Malliaris, A. G. & Urrutia, Jorge L., 1992. "The International Crash of October 1987: Causality Tests," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 353-364, September.
- Geweke, John & Meese, Richard & Dent, Warren, 1983. "Comparing alternative tests of causality in temporal systems : Analytic results and experimental evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 161-194, February.
- Huang, Roger D & Kracaw, William A, 1984. " Stock Market Returns and Real Activity: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 267-73, March.
- Guilkey, David K & Salemi, Michael K, 1982. "Small Sample Properties of Three Tests for Granger-Causal Ordering in a Bivariate Stochastic System," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(4), pages 668-80, November.
- Nelson, Charles R. & Plosser, Charles I., 1982. "Trends and random walks in macroeconmic time series : Some evidence and implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 139-162.
- Steven J Cochran & Iqbal Mansur, 1991. "The Interrelationships Between U.S. and Foreign Equity Market Yields: Tests of Granger Causality," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(4), pages 723-736, December.
- Pierce, David A. & Haugh, Larry D., 1977. "Causality in temporal systems : Characterization and a survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 265-293, May.
- Solnik, Bruno, 1987. " Using Financial Prices to Test Exchange Rate Models: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(1), pages 141-49, March.
- David A. Pierce & Larry D. Haugh, 1977. "Causality in temporal systems: characterizations and a survey," Special Studies Papers 87, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gandolfo, Giancarlo & Padoan, Pietro Carlo & Paladino, Giovanna, 1990. "Exchange rate determination: Single-equation or economy-wide models? : A test against the random walk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 965-992, November.
- Swanson, Peggy E., 1987. "Capital market integration over the past decade: The case of the US dollar," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 215-225, June.
- Liang, Chin-Chia & Lin, Jeng-Bau & Hsu, Hao-Cheng, 2013. "Reexamining the relationships between stock prices and exchange rates in ASEAN-5 using panel Granger causality approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 560-563.
- Paul Alagidede & Theodore Panagiotidis & Xu Zhang, 2010.
"Causal Relationship between Stock Prices and Exchange Rates,"
Discussion Paper Series
2010_01, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jan 2010.
- Paul Alagidede & Theodore Panagiotidis & Xu Zhang, 2011. "Causal relationship between stock prices and exchange rates," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 67-86.
- Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore & Zhang, Xu, 2010. "Causal Relationship between Stock Prices and Exchange Rates," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2010-05, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Zhao, Hua, 2010. "Dynamic relationship between exchange rate and stock price: Evidence from China," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 103-112, June.
- Stavarek, Daniel, 2004. "Stock Prices and Exchange Rates in the EU and the USA: Evidence of their Mutual Interactions," MPRA Paper 7297, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Manish Kumar, 2009. "A Bivariate Linear and Nonlinear Causality between Stock Prices and Exchange Rates," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2884-2895.
- Moore, Tomoe & Wang, Ping, 2007. "Volatility in stock returns for new EU member states: Markov regime switching model," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 282-292.
- Wang, Ping & Moore, Tomoe, 2009. "Sudden changes in volatility: The case of five central European stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 33-46, February.
- Nam, Seung Oh & Oh, SeungYoung & Kim, Hyun Kyung, 2008. "The time difference effect of a measurement unit in the lead-lag relationship analysis of Korean financial market," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 259-273.
- Moore, Tomoe & Wang, Ping, 2014. "Dynamic linkage between real exchange rates and stock prices: Evidence from developed and emerging Asian markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 1-11.
- Bertrand Candelon & Jameel Ahmed & Stefan Straetmans, 2014.
"Predicting and Capitalizing on Stock Market Bears in the U.S,"
2014-409, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Candelon Bertrand & Ahmed Jameel & Straetmans Stefan, 2012. "Predicting and Capitalizing on Stock Market Bears in the U.S," Research Memorandum 019, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Buerhan Saiti & Azlan Ali & Naziruddin Abdullah & Sulaiman Sajilan, 2014. "Palm Oil Price, Exchange Rate, and Stock Market: A Wavelet Analysis on the Malaysian Market," Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, Eurasian Publications, vol. 2(1), pages 13-27.
- Rituparna Kar & Nityananda Sarkar, 2006. "Mean and volatility dynamics of Indian rupee/US dollar exchange rate series: an empirical investigation," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 41-69, March.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Łukasz, 2012. "The association between stock market and exchange rates for advanced and emerging markets – A case study of the Swiss and Polish economies," MPRA Paper 52238, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ülkü, Numan & Demirci, Ebru, 2012. "Joint dynamics of foreign exchange and stock markets in emerging Europe," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 55-86.
- Lin, Chien-Hsiu, 2012. "The comovement between exchange rates and stock prices in the Asian emerging markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 161-172.
- Charles K.D. Adjasi, 2009. "Macroeconomic uncertainty and conditional stock-price volatility in frontier African markets: Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(4), pages 333-349, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.