Deposit interest rates, asset risk and bank failure in Croatia
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Stability.
Volume (Year): 2 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jfstabil
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul H. Kupiec & James M. O'Brien, 1998.
"Deposit insurance, bank incentives, and the design of regulatory policy,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Oct, pages 201-211.
- Paul H. Kupiec & James M. O'Brien, 1997. "Deposit insurance, bank incentives, and the design of regulatory policy," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jan Hanousek & Gerard Roland, 2002.
"Banking Passivity and Regulatory Failure in Emerging Markets: Theory and Evidence from the Czech republic,"
- Hanousek, Jan & Roland, Gérard, 2002. "Banking Passivity and Regulatory Failure in Emerging Markets: Theory and Evidence from the Czech Republic," CEPR Discussion Papers 3122, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jan Hanousek & Gerard Roland, 2001. "Banking Passivity And Regulatory Failure In Emerging Markets: Theory And Evidence From The Czech Republic," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 424, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jan Hanousek & Gerard Roland, 2001. "Banking Passivity and Regulatory Failure in Emerging Markets: Theory and Evidence from the Czech Republic," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp192, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- María Soledad Martínez-Peria & Sergio Schmukler, 2002.
"Do Depositors Punish Banks for Bad Behavior? Market Discipline, Deposit Insurance, and Banking Crises,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,
in: Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (S (ed.), Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 5, pages 143-174
Central Bank of Chile.
- Maria Soledad Martinez Peria, 2001. "Do Depositors Punish Banks for Bad Behavior? Market Discipline, Deposit Insurance, and Banking Crises," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1029-1051, 06.
- Klaus P. Fischer & Houcem Smaoui, 1997. "From Financial Liberalization to Banking Failure: Starting on the Wrong Foot?," Finance 9706005, EconWPA.
- Tirtiroglu, Dogan & Daniels, Kenneth N & Tirtiroglu, Ercan, 2005. "Deregulation, Intensity of Competition, Industry Evolution, and the Productivity Growth of U.S. Commercial Banks," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(2), pages 339-60, April.
- John, Kose & John, Teresa A. & Senbet, Lemma W., 1991. "Risk-shifting incentives of depository institutions: A new perspective on federal deposit insurance reform," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 895-915, September.
- Bongini, Paola & Laeven, Luc & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2002. "How good is the market at assessing bank fragility? A horse race between different indicators," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1011-1028, May.
- Yuk-Shee Chan & Stuart I. Greenbaum & Anjan V. Thakor, 2004.
"Is Fairly Priced Deposit Insurance Possible?,"
- Patrick Honohan, 1997. "Banking system failures in developing and transition countries: Diagnosis and predictions," BIS Working Papers 39, Bank for International Settlements.
- Liliana Rojas-Suarez, 2001. "Rating Banks in Emerging Markets: What Credit Rating Agencies Should Learn from Financial Indicators," Working Paper Series WP01-6, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Evan Kraft, 2003. "Monetary Policy under Dollarisation: The Case of Croatia," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(3), pages 256-277, September.
- R. Alton Gilbert & Andrew P. Meyer & Mark D. Vaughan, 2002. "Could a CAMELS downgrade model improve off-site surveillance?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan., pages 47-63.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean Charles Rochet, 1995.
"Fair pricing of deposit insurance. Is it possible? Yes. Is it desirable? No,"
Economics Working Papers
130, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 1995.
- Freixas, Xavier & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1998. "Fair pricing of deposit insurance. Is it possible? Yes. Is it desirable? No," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 217-232, September.
- Judson, Ruth A. & Owen, Ann L., 1999. "Estimating dynamic panel data models: a guide for macroeconomists," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 9-15, October.
- Flannery, Mark J., 1991. "Pricing deposit insurance when the insurer measures bank risk with error," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 975-998, September.
- Arturo Estrella & Sangkyun Park & Stavros Peristiani, 2000. "Capital ratios as predictors of bank failure," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jul, pages 33-52.
- Asli DemirgÃ¼Ã§-Kunt & Enrica Detragiache, 1998. "The Determinants of Banking Crises in Developing and Developed Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(1), pages 81-109, March.
- Jayaratne, Jith & Strahan, Philip E, 1998. "Entry Restrictions, Industry Evolution, and Dynamic Efficiency: Evidence from Commercial Banking," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 239-73, April.
- Jeitschko, Thomas D. & Jeung, Shin Dong, 2005. "Incentives for risk-taking in banking - A unified approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 759-777, March.
- Kevin C. Murdock & Thomas F. Hellmann & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2000. "Liberalization, Moral Hazard in Banking, and Prudential Regulation: Are Capital Requirements Enough?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 147-165, March.
- Ljubinko Jankov, 2000. "Banking Sector Problems: Causes, resolutions and consequences," Occasional paper series 10, Institute of Public Finance.
- Diaz-Alejandro, Carlos, 1985. "Good-bye financial repression, hello financial crash," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 1-24.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Jackowicz, Krzysztof & Kowalewski, Oskar & Kozłowski, Łukasz, 2012.
"Market Discipline during Crisis: Evidence from Bank Depositors in Transition Countries,"
43693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Jackowicz, Krzysztof & Kowalewski, Oskar & Kozłowski, Łukasz, 2013. "Market discipline during crisis: Evidence from bank depositors in transition countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5436-5451.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Jackowicz, Krzysztof & Kowalewski , Oskar & Kozlowski , Lukasz, 2013. "Market discipline during crisis: Evidence from bank depositors in transition countries," BOFIT Discussion Papers 21/2013, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- repec:cbk:journl:v:2:y:2013:i:2:p:85-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- Magdalena Petrovska & Elena Mucheva Mihajlovska, 2013. "Measures of Financial Stability in Macedonia," Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 2(3), pages 85-110.
- Paolo Manasse & Roberto Savona & Marika Vezzoli, 2013.
"Rules of Thumb for Banking Crises in Emerging Markets,"
481, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- P. Manasse & R. Savona & M. Vezzoli, 2013. "Rules of Thumb for Banking Crises in Emerging Markets," Working Papers wp872, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Fink, Gerhard & Haiss, Peter & Vuksic, Goran, 2009. "Contribution of financial market segments at different stages of development: Transition, cohesion and mature economies compared," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 431-455, December.
- David G. Mayes & Hanno Stremmel, 2014.
"The Effectiveness of Capital Adequacy Measures in Predicting Bank Distress,"
Chapters in SUERF Studies,
SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- David G. Mayes & Hanno Stremmel, 2014. "The Effectiveness of Capital Adequacy Measures in Predicting Bank Distress," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2014/1.
- Tigran Poghosyan & Martin CihÃ¡k, 2009. "Distress in European Banks," IMF Working Papers 09/9, International Monetary Fund.
- Tigran Poghosyan & Martin Čihak, 2011. "Determinants of Bank Distress in Europe: Evidence from a New Data Set," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 163-184, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.