Deposit interest rates, asset risk and bank failure in Croatia
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Stability.
Volume (Year): 2 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jfstabil
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jayaratne, Jith & Strahan, Philip E, 1998. "Entry Restrictions, Industry Evolution, and Dynamic Efficiency: Evidence from Commercial Banking," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 239-73, April.
- Bongini, Paola & Laeven, Luc & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2002. "How good is the market at assessing bank fragility? A horse race between different indicators," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1011-1028, May.
- R. Alton Gilbert & Andrew P. Meyer & Mark D. Vaughan, 2002. "Could a CAMELS downgrade model improve off-site surveillance?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan., pages 47-63.
- Jan Hanousek & Gerard Roland, 2002.
"Banking Passivity and Regulatory Failure in Emerging Markets: Theory and Evidence from the Czech republic,"
- Jan Hanousek & Gerard Roland, 2001. "Banking Passivity And Regulatory Failure In Emerging Markets: Theory And Evidence From The Czech Republic," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 424, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Hanousek, Jan & Roland, Gérard, 2002. "Banking Passivity and Regulatory Failure in Emerging Markets: Theory and Evidence from the Czech Republic," CEPR Discussion Papers 3122, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jan Hanousek & Gerard Roland, 2001. "Banking Passivity and Regulatory Failure in Emerging Markets: Theory and Evidence from the Czech Republic," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp192, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Yuk-Shee Chan & Stuart I. Greenbaum & Anjan V. Thakor, 2004.
"Is Fairly Priced Deposit Insurance Possible?,"
- Diaz-Alejandro, Carlos, 1985. "Good-bye financial repression, hello financial crash," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 1-24.
- John, Kose & John, Teresa A. & Senbet, Lemma W., 1991. "Risk-shifting incentives of depository institutions: A new perspective on federal deposit insurance reform," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 895-915, September.
- Arturo Estrella & Sangkyun Park & Stavros Peristiani, 2000. "Capital ratios as predictors of bank failure," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jul, pages 33-52.
- Asli DemirgÃ¼Ã§-Kunt & Enrica Detragiache, 1998. "The Determinants of Banking Crises in Developing and Developed Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(1), pages 81-109, March.
- Kevin C. Murdock & Thomas F. Hellmann & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2000. "Liberalization, Moral Hazard in Banking, and Prudential Regulation: Are Capital Requirements Enough?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 147-165, March.
- Patrick Honohan, 1997. "Banking system failures in developing and transition countries: Diagnosis and predictions," BIS Working Papers 39, Bank for International Settlements.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean Charles Rochet, 1995.
"Fair pricing of deposit insurance. Is it possible? Yes. Is it desirable? No,"
Economics Working Papers
130, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 1995.
- Freixas, Xavier & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1998. "Fair pricing of deposit insurance. Is it possible? Yes. Is it desirable? No," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 217-232, September.
- Jeitschko, Thomas D. & Jeung, Shin Dong, 2005. "Incentives for risk-taking in banking - A unified approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 759-777, March.
- Liliana Rojas-Suarez, 2001. "Rating Banks in Emerging Markets: What Credit Rating Agencies Should Learn from Financial Indicators," Working Paper Series WP01-6, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Judson, Ruth A. & Owen, Ann L., 1999. "Estimating dynamic panel data models: a guide for macroeconomists," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 9-15, October.
- Klaus P. Fischer & Houcem Smaoui, 1997. "From Financial Liberalization to Banking Failure: Starting on the Wrong Foot?," Finance 9706005, EconWPA.
- Flannery, Mark J., 1991. "Pricing deposit insurance when the insurer measures bank risk with error," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 975-998, September.
- Tirtiroglu, Dogan & Daniels, Kenneth N & Tirtiroglu, Ercan, 2005. "Deregulation, Intensity of Competition, Industry Evolution, and the Productivity Growth of U.S. Commercial Banks," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(2), pages 339-60, April.
- P. Manasse & R. Savona & M. Vezzoli, 2013.
"Rules of Thumb for Banking Crises in Emerging Markets,"
wp872, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Paolo Manasse & Roberto Savona & Marika Vezzoli, 2013. "Rules of Thumb for Banking Crises in Emerging Markets," Working Papers 481, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Fink, Gerhard & Haiss, Peter & Vuksic, Goran, 2009. "Contribution of financial market segments at different stages of development: Transition, cohesion and mature economies compared," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 431-455, December.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Jackowicz, Krzysztof & Kowalewski , Oskar & Kozlowski , Lukasz, 2013.
"Market discipline during crisis: Evidence from bank depositors in transition countries,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
21/2013, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Jackowicz, Krzysztof & Kowalewski, Oskar & Kozłowski, Łukasz, 2013. "Market discipline during crisis: Evidence from bank depositors in transition countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5436-5451.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Jackowicz, Krzysztof & Kowalewski, Oskar & Kozłowski, Łukasz, 2012. "Market Discipline during Crisis: Evidence from Bank Depositors in Transition Countries," MPRA Paper 43693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Magdalena Petrovska & Elena Mucheva Mihajlovska, 2013. "Measures of Financial Stability in Macedonia," Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 2(3), pages 85-110.
- repec:cbk:journl:v:2:y:2013:i:2:p:85-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tigran Poghosyan & Martin CihÃ¡k, 2009. "Distress in European Banks: An Analysis Based on a New Dataset," IMF Working Papers 09/9, International Monetary Fund.
- Tigran Poghosyan & Martin Čihak, 2011. "Determinants of Bank Distress in Europe: Evidence from a New Data Set," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 163-184, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.