A view from the macro side: rebound, backfire, and Khazzoom-Brookes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 28 (2000)
Issue (Month): 6-7 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard B. Howarth, 1997. "Energy Efficiency And Economic Growth," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 15(4), pages 1-9, October.
- Harty D. Saunders, 1992. "The Khazzoom-Brookes Postulate and Neoclassical Growth," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 131-148.
- William W. Hogan & Dale W. Jorgenson, 1991. "Productivity Trends and the Cost of Reducing CO2 Emissions," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 67-86.
- Roy, Joyashree, 2000. "The rebound effect: some empirical evidence from India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 433-438, June.
- Blumstein, Carl & Stoft, Steven E, 1995. "Technical efficiency, production functions and conservation supply curves," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 765-768, September.
- Saunders, Harry D., 2000. "Does predicted rebound depend on distinguishing between energy and energy services?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 497-500, June.
- Jin, Sang-Hyeon, 2007. "The effectiveness of energy efficiency improvement in a developing country: Rebound effect of residential electricity use in South Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5622-5629, November.
- Rutherford, J.P. & Scharpf, E.W. & Carrington, C.G., 2007. "Linking consumer energy efficiency with security of supply," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 3025-3035, May.
- Rezai, Armon & Taylor, Lance & Mechler, Reinhard, 2013.
"Ecological macroeconomics: An application to climate change,"
Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 69-76.
- Armon Rezai & Lance Taylor & Reinhard Mechler, 2012. "Ecological Macroeconomics: An application to climate change," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2012_06, Institute for the Environment and Regional Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Turner, Karen, 2009.
"Negative rebound and disinvestment effects in response to an improvement in energy efficiency in the UK economy,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 648-666, September.
- Karen Turner, 2009. "Negative rebound and disinvestment effects in response to an improvement in energy efficiency in the UK economy," Working Papers 0902, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Turner, Karen, 2009. "Negative rebound and disinvestment effects in response to an improvement in energy efficiency in the UK economy," SIRE Discussion Papers 2009-12, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Hanley, Nicholas & Turner, Karen, 2010.
"Energy Efficiency, Rebound Effects and the Environmental Kuznets Curve,"
Stirling Economics Discussion Papers
2010-17, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Turner, Karen & Hanley, Nick, 2011. "Energy efficiency, rebound effects and the environmental Kuznets Curve," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 709-720, September.
- Steve Sorrell, 2006.
"Improving the Evidence Base for Energy Policy: The Role of Systematic Reviews,"
SPRU Working Paper Series
146, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Sorrell, Steve, 2007. "Improving the evidence base for energy policy: The role of systematic reviews," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1858-1871, March.
- Guerra, Ana-Isabel & Sancho, Ferran, 2010.
"Rethinking economy-wide rebound measures: An unbiased proposal,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6684-6694, November.
- Ana-Isabel Guerra & Ferran Sancho, 2010. "Rethinking Economy-Wide Rebound Measures: An Unbiased Proposal," Working Papers 456, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Ana-Isabel Guerra & Ferran Sancho, 2010. "Rethinking Economy-Wide Rebound Measures: An Unbiased Proposal," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 814.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC), revised 05 Apr 2010.
- Michael Huesemann & Joyce Huesemann, 2008. "Will progress in science and technology avert or accelerate global collapse? A critical analysis and policy recommendations," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 10(6), pages 787-825, December.
- Dimitropoulos, John, 2007. "Energy productivity improvements and the rebound effect: An overview of the state of knowledge," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6354-6363, December.
- de Haan, Peter & Mueller, Michel G. & Peters, Anja, 2006. "Does the hybrid Toyota Prius lead to rebound effects? Analysis of size and number of cars previously owned by Swiss Prius buyers," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 592-605, June.
- Anson, Sam & Turner, Karen, 2009. "Rebound and disinvestment effects in refined oil consumption and supply resulting from an increase in energy efficiency in the Scottish commercial transport sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3608-3620, September.
- Murray, Cameron K, 2011. "Income dependent direct and indirect rebound effects from ’green’ consumption choices in Australia," MPRA Paper 34973, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barker, Terry & Ekins, Paul & Foxon, Tim, 2007. "The macro-economic rebound effect and the UK economy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 4935-4946, October.
- Wei, Taoyuan, 2007. "Impact of energy efficiency gains on output and energy use with Cobb-Douglas production function," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2023-2030, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.