The value of supply security: The costs of power interruptions: Economic input for damage reduction and investment in networks
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Serra, Pablo & Fierro, Gabriel, 1997.
"Outage costs in Chilean industry,"
Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 417-434, October.
- Newbery, David M., 2002. "Problems of liberalising the electricity industry," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(4-5), pages 919-927, May.
- Beenstock, Michael & Goldin, Ephraim & Haitovsky, Yoel, 1998. "Response bias in a conjoint analysis of power outages," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 135-156, April.
- Douglas W. Caves & Joseph A. Herriges & Robert J. Windle, 1992. "The Cost of Electric Power Interruptions in the Industrial Sector: Estimates Derived from Interruptible Service Programs," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(1), pages 49-61.
- Michael L. Telson, 1975. "The Economies of Alternative Levels of Reliability for Electric Power Generation Systems," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(2), pages 679-694, Autumn.
- Severin Borenstein & James B. Bushnell & Frank A. Wolak, 2002. "Measuring Market Inefficiencies in California's Restructured Wholesale Electricity Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1376-1405, December.
- Munasinghe, Mohan, 1980. " Costs Incurred by Residential Electricity Consumers Due to Power Failures," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(4), pages 361-69, March.
- Sanghvi, Arun P., 1982. "Economic costs of electricity supply interruptions : US and foreign experience," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 180-198, July.
- Hartman, Raymond S & Doane, Michael J & Woo, Chi-Keung, 1991. "Consumer Rationality and the Status Quo," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 106(1), pages 141-62, February.
- Tishler, Asher, 1993. "Optimal production with uncertain interruptions in the supply of electricity : Estimation of electricity outage costs," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1259-1274, August.
- Bialek, J.W., 2004. "Recent blackouts in US and continental Europe: is liberalisation to blame?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0407, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Praktiknjo, Aaron J. & Hähnel, Alexander & Erdmann, Georg, 2011. "Assessing energy supply security: Outage costs in private households," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7825-7833.
- Leahy, Eimear & Devitt, Conor & Lyons, Seán & Tol, Richard S.J., 2012.
"The cost of natural gas shortages in Ireland,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 153-169.
- Klinge Jacobsen, Henrik & Jensen, Stine Grenaa, 2009. "Electricity supply security: Cost efficiency of providing security and diversified consumer level," MPRA Paper 41707, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Piaszeck, Simon & Wenzel, Lars & Wolf, André, 2013. "Regional diversity in the costs of electricity outages: Results for German counties," HWWI Research Papers 142, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Leahy, Eimear & Tol, Richard S.J., 2011.
"An estimate of the value of lost load for Ireland,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1514-1520, March.
- Pepermans, Guido, 2010.
"The Value of Continuous Power Supply for Flemish Households,"
2010/24, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Pepermans, Guido, 2011. "The value of continuous power supply for Flemish households," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7853-7864.
- Linares, Pedro & Rey, Luis, 2013. "The costs of electricity interruptions in Spain. Are we sending the right signals?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 751-760.
- Pedro Linares & Luis Rey, 2012. "The costs of electricity interruptions in Spain. Are we sending the right signals?," Working Papers fa05-2012, Economics for Energy.
- growitsch, christian & Malischek, Raimund & Nick, Sebastian & Wetzel, Heike, 2013. "The Costs of Power Interruptions in Germany - an Assessment in the Light of the Energiewende," EWI Working Papers 2013-7, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln.
- de Nooij, Michiel, 2011. "Social cost-benefit analysis of electricity interconnector investment: A critical appraisal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3096-3105, June.
- Alberto Longo & Anil Markandya & Marta Petrucci, 2006.
"The Internalization of Externalities in The Production of Electricity: Willingness to Pay for the Attributes of a Policy for Renewable Energy,"
2006.132, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Longo, Alberto & Markandya, Anil & Petrucci, Marta, 2008. "The internalization of externalities in the production of electricity: Willingness to pay for the attributes of a policy for renewable energy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 140-152, August.
- Myunghwan Kim & Seung-Hoon Yoo, 2012. "The Economic Cost of Unsupplied Diesel Product in Korea Using Input-Output Analysis," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(9), pages 3465-3478, September.
- Luise Röpke, 2013. "The Development of Renewable Energies and Supply Security: A Trade-Off Analysis," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 151, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- de Nooij, Michiel & Baarsma, Barbara, 2009. "Divorce comes at a price: An ex ante welfare analysis of ownership unbundling of the distribution and commercial companies in the Dutch energy sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5449-5458, December.
- Spiros Livieratos & Vasiliki-Emmanouela Vogiatzaki & Panayotis G. Cottis, 2013. "A Generic Framework for the Evaluation of the Benefits Expected from the Smart Grid," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 988-1008, February.
- de Nooij, Michiel & Lieshout, Rogier & Koopmans, Carl, 2009. "Optimal blackouts: Empirical results on reducing the social cost of electricity outages through efficient regional rationing," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 342-347, May.
- Lilliestam, Johan & Ellenbeck, Saskia, 2011. "Energy security and renewable electricity trade--Will Desertec make Europe vulnerable to the "energy weapon"?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3380-3391, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.