Coalitional games: Monotonicity and core
AbstractWe characterize a monotonic core solution defined on the class of veto balanced games. We also discuss what restricted versions of monotonicity are possible when selecting core allocations. We introduce a family of monotonic core solutions for veto balanced games and we show that, in general, the per capita nucleolus is not monotonic.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 216 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Monotonicity; Core; TU games; Per capita nucleolus;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moulin, Herve & Shenker, Scott, 1992. "Serial Cost Sharing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(5), pages 1009-37, September.
- MANIQUET, François, .
"A characterization of the Shapley value in queueing problems,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1662, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Maniquet, Francois, 2003. "A characterization of the Shapley value in queueing problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 90-103, March.
- Maniquet, F., 2000. "A Characterization of the Shapley Value in Queueing Problems," Papers 222, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
- J. Arin & V. Feltkamp, 2005. "Monotonicity properties of the nucleolus on the domain of veto balanced games," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 331-341, December.
- Muto, S. & Nakayama, M. & Potters, J.A.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1988. "On big boss games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154246, Tilburg University.
- Moulin Herve & Shenker Scott, 1994. "Average Cost Pricing versus Serial Cost Sharing: An Axiomatic Comparison," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 178-201, October.
- Muto, S. & Potters, J.A.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1989. "Information market games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154244, Tilburg University.
- Muto, Shigeo & Potters, Jos & Tijs, Stef, 1989. "Information Market Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 209-26.
- Kamijo, Yoshio & Kongo, Takumi, 2012. "Whose deletion does not affect your payoff? The difference between the Shapley value, the egalitarian value, the solidarity value, and the Banzhaf value," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 216(3), pages 638-646.
- J. Arin, 2013. "Monotonic core solutions: beyond Young’s theorem," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 325-337, May.
- J Arin & V Feltkamp & M Montero, 2012. "Coalitional Games with Veto Players: Myopic and Rational Behavior," Discussion Papers 2012-11, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- Feltkamp, Vicent & Arin Aguirre, Francisco Javier & Montero García, María, 2013. "Coalitional games with veto players: Myopic and farsighted behavior," IKERLANAK Ikerlanak;2013-73, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico I.
- Arin Aguirre, Francisco Javier & Katsev, Ilya, 2011. "The SD-prenucleolus for TU games," IKERLANAK 2011-56, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico I.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.