Social custom, management opposition, and trade union membership
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 39 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Naylor, Robin & Cripps, Martin, 1993.
"An economic theory of the open shop trade union,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1599-1620, December.
- Naylor, R. & Cripps, M., 1991. "An Economic Theory of the Open Shop Trade Union," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 372, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Romer, David, 1984. "The Theory of Social Custom: A Modification and Some Extensions," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 99(4), pages 717-27, November.
- Richard B. Freeman & Morris M. Kleiner, 1990.
"Employer behavior in the face of union organizing drives,"
Industrial and Labor Relations Review,
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 43(4), pages 351-365, April.
- Richard B. Freeman & Morris M. Kleiner, 1990. "Employer Behavior in the Face of Union Organizing Drives," NBER Working Papers 2805, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Naylor, Robin & Raaum, Oddbjorn, 1993. "The Open Shop Union, Wages, and Management Opposition," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(4), pages 589-604, October.
- Akerlof, George A, 1980.
"A Theory of Social Custom, of Which Unemployment May be One Consequence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 94(4), pages 749-75, June.
- George A. Akerlof, 1978. "A theory of social custom, of which unemployment may be one consequence," Special Studies Papers 118, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Booth, Alison L, 1985. "The Free Rider Problem and a Social Custom Model of Trade Union Membership," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 100(1), pages 253-61, February.
- Giacomo Corneo, 1993.
"Semi-unionized bargaining with endogenous membership and management opposition,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 57(2), pages 169-188, June.
- Corneo, G., 1992. "Semi-Unionized Bargaining with Endogenous Membership and Management Opposition," DELTA Working Papers 92-13, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- McDonald, Ian M & Solow, Robert M, 1981. "Wage Bargaining and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 896-908, December.
- Corneo, Giacomo & Lucifora, Claudio, 1997.
"Wage formation under union threat effects: Theory and empirical evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 265-292, September.
- Corneo Giacomo & Lucifora Claudio, 1993. "Wage formation under union threat effects : theory and empirical evidence," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9318, CEPREMAP.
- Naylor, Robin, 1987.
"Strikes, Free Riders and Social Customs,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
275, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1981.
"A Competitive Theory of Monopoly Unionism,"
NBER Working Papers
0672, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1986.
"The Effect of the Union Wage Differential on Management Opposition and Union Organizing Success,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 92-96, May.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1985. "The Effect of the Union Wage Differential on Management Opposition and Union Organizing Success," NBER Working Papers 1748, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Horn, Henrik & Wolinsky, Asher, 1988. "Worker Substitutability and Patterns of Unionisation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 484-97, June.
- Booth, Alison L & Chatterji, Monojit, 1993. "Reputation, Membership and Wages in Open Shop Trade Union," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(1), pages 23-41, January.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1982. "The Microeconomic Theory of the Trade Union," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 576-95, September.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.