Consistent estimation of a general nonparametric regression function in time series
AbstractWe propose an estimator of the conditional distribution of XtXt-1,Xt-2,..., and the corresponding regression function , where the conditioning set is of infinite order. We establish consistency of our estimator under stationarity and ergodicity conditions plus a mild smoothness condition.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 152 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Kernel Regression Time series;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lu, Zudi & Linton, Oliver, 2007. "Local Linear Fitting Under Near Epoch Dependence," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(01), pages 37-70, February.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-87, September.
- Pagan, Adrian & Ullah, Aman, 1988. "The Econometric Analysis of Models with Risk Terms," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(2), pages 87-105, April.
- Masry, Elias, 2005. "Nonparametric regression estimation for dependent functional data: asymptotic normality," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 155-177, January.
- Sancetta, Alessio, 2009.
"Nearest neighbor conditional estimation for Harris recurrent Markov chains,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 100(10), pages 2224-2236, November.
- Sancetta, A., 2007. "Nearest Neighbor Conditional Estimation for Harris Recurrent Markov Chains," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0735, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Linton, Oliver & Perron, Benoit, 2003. "The Shape of the Risk Premium: Evidence from a Semiparametric Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(3), pages 354-67, July.
- Degui Li & Oliver Linton & Zudi Lu, 2012.
"A Flexible Semiparametric Model for Time Series,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
17/12, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Li, Degui & Lu, Zudi & Linton, Oliver, 2012.
"Local Linear Fitting Under Near Epoch Dependence: Uniform Consistency With Convergence Rates,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(05), pages 935-958, October.
- Degui Li & Zudi Lu & Oliver Linton, 2011. "Local Linear Fitting Under Near Epoch Dependence: Uniform consistency with Convergence Rates," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 16/11, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Battey, Heather & Sancetta, Alessio, 2013. "Conditional estimation for dependent functional data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 1-17.
- Christian Conrad & Enno Mammen, 2008. "Nonparametric Regression on Latent Covariates with an Application to Semiparametric GARCH-in-Mean Models," Working Papers 0473, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2008.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.