Process and product innovation in a vertically differentiated monopoly
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 68 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Other versions of this item:
- L. Lambertini & R. Orsini, 2000. "Process and Product Innovation in a Vertically Differentiated Monoply," Working Papers 367, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dasgupta, Partha & Maskin, Eric, 1987. "The Simple Economics of Research Portfolios," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(387), pages 581-95, September.
- Sudipto Bhattacharya and Dilip Mookherhee., 1984.
"Portfolio Choice in Research and Development,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
147, University of California at Berkeley.
- Rosenkranz, Stephanie, 1996. "Simultaneous Choice of Process and Product Innovation," CEPR Discussion Papers 1321, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luca Lambertini, 1995.
"The Multiproduct Monopolist Under Vertical Differentiations: an Inductive Approach,"
226, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Luca LAMBERTINI, 1997. "The multiproduct monopolist under vertical differentiation : An inductive approach," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 1997021, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Eric Maskin & John Riley, 1984. "Monopoly with Incomplete Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(2), pages 171-196, Summer.
- Champsaur, Paul & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1989. "Multiproduct Duopolists," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 533-57, May.
- A. Michael Spence, 1975. "Monopoly, Quality, and Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(2), pages 417-429, Autumn.
- L. Lambertini & A. Mantovani, 2004.
"Process and Product Innovation: a Differential Game Approach to Product Life Cycle,"
529, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Luca Lambertini & Andrea Mantovani, 2010. "Process and product innovation: A differential game approach to product life cycle," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 6(2), pages 227-252.
- Acharyya, Rajat & Banerjee, Swapnendu, 2012. "On tariff and quality innovation in a market with discrete preferences," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 917-925.
- Saha, Souresh, 2014. "Firm's objective function and product and process R&D," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 484-494.
- Cheng, Yi-Ling, 2014. "Vertical product differentiation under demand uncertainty," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 51-57.
- Maria Rosa Battaggion & Piero Tedeschi, 2006.
"Do Process Innovations Induce Product Ones?,"
20060509, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Dipartimento di Statistica.
- Eren Inci, 2009. "R&D tax incentives: a reappraisal," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 16(6), pages 797-821, December.
- Andrea Mantovani, 2006.
"Complementarity between product and process innovation in a monopoly setting,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 219-234.
- A. Mantovani, 2005. "Complementarity between Product and Process innovation in a Monopoly Setting," Working Papers 533, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- E. Bacchiega & O. Bonroy & R. Mabrouk, 2013.
"Paying not to sell,"
wp870, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- L. Lambertini, 2000.
"The Monopolist's Optimal R&D Portfolio,"
391, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Emanuele Bacchiega & Luca Lambertini & Andrea Mantovaini, 2011.
"Process And Product Innovation In A Vertically Differentiated Industry,"
International Game Theory Review (IGTR),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(02), pages 209-221.
- E. Bacchiega & L. Lambertini & A. Mantovani, 2007. "Process and product innovation in a vertically differentiated industry," Working Papers 583, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Werner Smolny, 2003. "Determinants of innovation behaviour and investment estimates for west-german manufacturing firms," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(5), pages 449-463.
- L. Lambertini & R. Orsini, 2014. "Process Innovation and Product Quality Improvement in a Dynamic Monopoly," Working Papers wp926, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- A. Mantovani, 2001. "Product Innovation and Transportation Technology in a Cournot Duopoly," Working Papers 416, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Rajat Acharyya & Swapnendu Banerjee, 2005. "On Tariff, Quality Choice and Innovation in a Vertically Differentiated Monopoly with Discrete Preferences," Departmental Working Papers wp0504, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- L. Lambertini & A. Mantovani, 2005.
"Process and Product Innovation by a Multiproduct Monopolist: A Dynamic Approach,"
551, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Lambertini, Luca & Mantovani, Andrea, 2009. "Process and product innovation by a multiproduct monopolist: A dynamic approach," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 508-518, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.