Markets, entrepreneurs and the size of new firms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 52 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bloom, David E. & Killingsworth, Mark R., 1985.
"Correcting for truncation bias caused by a latent truncation variable,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 131-135, January.
- David E. Bloom & Mark R. Killingsworth, 1984. "Correcting for Truncation Bias Caused by a Latent Truncation Variable," NBER Technical Working Papers 0038, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-35, June.
- Bates, Timothy, 1990. "Entrepreneur Human Capital Inputs and Small Business Longevity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(4), pages 551-59, November.
- Cabral, Luis, 1995. "Sunk Costs, Firm Size and Firm Growth," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 161-72, June.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca, 2005. "Start-up size: The role of external financing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 243-250, August.
- Fackler, Daniel & Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2012.
"Establishment Exits in Germany: The Role of Size and Age,"
Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century
62025, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Fackler, Daniel & Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2012. "Establishment Exits in Germany: The Role of Size and Age," IZA Discussion Papers 6349, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniel Fackler & Claus Schnabel & Joachim Wagner, 2012. "Establishment exits in Germany: the role of size and age," Working Paper Series in Economics 231, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Fackler, Daniel & Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2012. "Establishment exits in Germany: The role of size and age," Discussion Papers 76, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Michele Cincera & Olivia Galgau, 2005.
"Impact of market entry and exit on EU productivity and growth performance,"
European Economy - Economic Papers
222, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Michele Cincera, 2004. "Impact of market entry and exit on EU productivity and growth performance," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/921, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Michele Cincera & Olivia Galgau, 2005. "Impact of Market Entry and Exit on EU Productivity and Growth Performance," Industrial Organization 0503013, EconWPA.
- Jürgen Antony & Torben Klarl & Alfred Maußner, 2010.
"Firm Heterogeneity, Credit Constraints, and Endogenous Growth,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c015_045, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Jürgen Antony & Torben Klarl & Alfred Maußner, 2012. "Firm heterogeneity, credit constraints, and endogenous growth," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 105(3), pages 199-224, April.
- Torben Klarl & Alfred Maussner, 2010. "Firm Heterogeneity, Credit Constraints, and Endogenous Growth," Discussion Paper Series 311, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Audretsch, David B & Tamvada, Jagannadha Pawan, 2008. "The Distribution of Firm Start-Up Size Across Geographic Space," CEPR Discussion Papers 6846, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krishna B. Kumar & Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, .
"What Determines Firm Size?,"
CRSP working papers
496, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Krishna B. Kumar & Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1999. "What Determines Firm Size?," NBER Working Papers 7208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kumar, Krishna B & Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1999. "What Determines Firm Size?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2211, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yuji Honjo, 2004. "Growth of new start-up firms: evidence from the Japanese manufacturing industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(4), pages 343-355.
- Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod & Agustí Segarra-Blasco, 2005.
"The Determinants of Entry are not Independent of Start-up Size: Some Evidence from Spanish Manufacturing,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 147-165, 09.
- Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria & Segarra Blasco, Agustí, 2004. "The Determinants of Entry are not Independent of Start-up Size: Some evidence from Spanish manufacturing," Working Papers 2072/1775, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Bilgic, Abdulbaki & Florkowski, Wojciech J., 2006. "Growth Expectations and Decision to Renovate a Golf Course: An Application of a Censored Model with the Simultaneity Test," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21446, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Massimo Colombo & Luca Grilli, 2007. "Funding Gaps? Access To Bank Loans By High-Tech Start-Ups," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 25-46, June.
- Yuji Honjo, 2004. "Growth of new start-up firms: evidence from the Japanese manufacturing industry," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 21-32.
- Alex Coad & Julian Frankish & Paul Nightingale & Richard G. Roberts & David J. Storey, 2012. "Business Experience and Start-up Size: Buying More Lottery Tickets Next Time Around?," SPRU Working Paper Series 203, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Delmastro, Marco & Grilli, Luca, 2004. "Entrepreneurs' human capital and the start-up size of new technology-based firms," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1183-1211, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.