Intergenerational discounting: a new intuitive approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 52 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 1995.
"An axiomatic approach to sustainable development,"
8609, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nijkamp, Peter & Rouwendal, Jan, 1988. "Intergenerational Discount Rates in Long-term Plan Evaluation," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 43(2), pages 195-211.
- Schelling, Thomas C, 1995. "Intergenerational discounting," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4-5), pages 395-401.
- Brown, Peter G., 1992. "Climate change and the planetary trust," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 208-222, March.
- Burton, P.S., 1991.
"Intertemporal Preferences and Intergenerational Equity Considerations in Optimal Resource Harvesting,"
Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive
91-06, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Burton Peter S., 1993. "Intertemporal Preferences and Intergenerational Equity Considerations in Optimal Resource Harvesting," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 119-132, March.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 2001.
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 260-271, March.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1998. "Gamma Discounting," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1843, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Padilla, Emilio, 2002. "Intergenerational equity and sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 69-83, April.
- Fearnside, Philip M., 2002. "Time preference in global warming calculations: a proposal for a unified index," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 21-31, April.
- Heal, G., 1998. "Valuing the Future: Economic Theory and Sustainability," Papers 98-10, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- David Popp, 2001. "Altruism and the Demand for Environmental Quality," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(3), pages 339-349.
- Rabl, Ari, 1996. "Discounting of long-term costs: What would future generations prefer us to do?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 137-145, June.
- Ekeland, Ivar & Karp, Larry, 2011.
"Equilibrium management of fisheries with altruistic overlapping generations,"
CUDARE Working Paper Series
1124, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Ekeland, Ivar & Karp, Larry & Sumaila, Rashid, 2011. "Equilibrium management of fisheries with altruistic overlapping generations," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt8615756p, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Larry S. Karp, 2012. "Provision of a Public Good with Altruistic Overlapping Generations and Many Tribes," CESifo Working Paper Series 3895, CESifo Group Munich.
- McArthur, David Philip & Thorsen, Inge & Ubøe, Jan, 2009. "Congested Interregional Infrastructure, Road Pricing and Regional Labour Markets," Discussion Papers 2009/3, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Louise S. L. Teh & Lydia C. L. Teh & U. Rashid Sumaila, 2011. "Low Discounting Behavior among Small-Scale Fishers in Fiji and Sabah, Malaysia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(6), pages 897-913, June.
- Peterson, Deborah C., 2006. "Precaution: principles and practice in Australian environmental and natural resource management," 2006 Conference (50th), February 8-10, 2006, Sydney, Australia 137764, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Saez, Carmen Almansa & Requena, Javier Calatrava, 2007. "Reconciling sustainability and discounting in Cost-Benefit Analysis: A methodological proposal," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 712-725, February.
- Voinov, Alexey & Farley, Joshua, 2007. "Reconciling sustainability, systems theory and discounting," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 104-113, June.
- Peterson, Deborah C., 2006. "Precaution: principles and practice in Australian environmental and natural resource management," Conference/Workshop Proceedings 31906, Productivity Commission.
- Azqueta, Diego & Delacamara, Gonzalo, 2006. "Ethics, economics and environmental management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 524-533, April.
- Cheung, William W.L. & Sumaila, U. Rashid, 2008. "Trade-offs between conservation and socio-economic objectives in managing a tropical marine ecosystem," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 193-210, May.
- Maroto, Jose M. & Moran, Manuel, 2008. "Increasing marginal returns and the danger of collapse of commercially valuable fish stocks," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 422-428, December.
- McArthur, D.P. & Thorsen, I. & Ubøe, J., 2012. "Labour market effects in assessing the costs and benefits of road pricing," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 310-321.
- Marta Bottero & Valentina Ferretti & Giulio Mondini, 2013. "From the environmental debt to the environmental loan: trends and future challenges for intergenerational discounting," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 15(6), pages 1623-1644, December.
- Prager, Michael H. & Shertzer, Kyle W., 2006. "Remembering the future: A commentary on "Intergenerational discounting: A new intuitive approach"," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 24-26, November.
- Doring, Ralf & Egelkraut, Thorsten M., 2008. "Investing in natural capital as management strategy in fisheries: The case of the Baltic Sea cod fishery," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 634-642, January.
- Jennifer Jacquet, 2009. "Silent water: a brief examination of the marine fisheries crisis," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 255-263, April.
- Sumaila, U. Rashid & Pareja, Claudio & Ekeland, Ivar, 2009. "Fisheries Management and Intergenerational Equity," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2268, Paris Dauphine University.
- Colin, Price, 2011. "Optimal rotation with declining discount rate," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 307-318, August.
- Price, Colin, 2010. "Low discount rates and insignificant environmental values," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 1895-1903, August.
- Joan Pasqual & Emilio Padilla, 2007. "The Appraisal of Projects with Environmental Impacts. Efficiency and Sustainability," Working Papers wpdea0704, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Gaddis, Erica Brown & Miles, Brian & Morse, Stephanie & Lewis, Debby, 2007. "Full-cost accounting of coastal disasters in the United States: Implications for planning and preparedness," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2-3), pages 307-318, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.