Making long-term economic growth more sustainable: evaluating the costs and benefits
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 47 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2-3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kessler, J. J. & Van Dorp, M., 1998. "Structural adjustment and the environment: the need for an analytical methodology," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 267-281, December.
- Pezzey, J., 1992. "Sustainable Development Concepts; An Economic Analysis," Papers 2, World Bank - The World Bank Environment Paper.
- Ayres, Robert U., 1996. "Limits to the growth paradigm," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 117-134, November.
- Theodore Panayotou, 2000. "Economic Growth and the Environment," CID Working Papers 56, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- England, Richard W., 2000. "Natural capital and the theory of economic growth," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 425-431, September.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1970. "Environmental Repercussions and the Economic Structure: An Input-Output Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(3), pages 262-71, August.
- Ricardo, David, 1821. "On the Principles of Political Economy and Taxation," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, edition 3, number ricardo1821.
- Mäler, Karl-Göran & Munasinghe, Mohan, 1996. "Macroeconomic policies, second-best theory and the environment," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(02), pages 149-163, May.
- Girma, Messaye, 1992. "Macropolicy and the environment: A framework for analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 531-540, April.
- Solow, Robert M, 1986. " On the Intergenerational Allocation of Natural Resources," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 141-49.
- Tjalling C. Koopmans, 1973. "Some Observations on 'Optimal' Economic Growth and Exhaustible Resources," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 356, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Munasinghe, Mohan, 1999. "Is environmental degradation an inevitable consequence of economic growth: tunneling through the environmental Kuznets curve," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 89-109, April.
- Kolstad, Charles D. & Krautkraemer, Jeffrey A., 1993. "Natural resource use and the environment," Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, in: A. V. Kneese† & J. L. Sweeney (ed.), Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 26, pages 1219-1265 Elsevier.
- Shiyi Chen, 2009. "Engine or drag: Can high energy consumption and CO 2 emission drive the sustainable development of Chinese industry?," Frontiers of Economics in China, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 548-571, December.
- Wen, Zongguo & Chen, Jining, 2008. "A cost-benefit analysis for the economic growth in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 356-366, April.
- Matthew Clarke & Sardar M. N. Islam, 2006. "National account measures and sustainability objectives: present approaches and future prospects," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 219-233.
- Trommetter, Michel, 2005.
"Biodiversity and international stakes: A question of access,"
Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 573-583, June.
- Trommetter, M., 2004. "Biodiversity and international stakes : a question of access," Working Papers 200418, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Nelson Jorge Ribeiro Duarte & Francisco José Lopes de Sousa Diniz, 2011. "The Role Of Firms And Entrepreneurship On Local Development," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 5(1), pages 54-69, JUNE.
- Clarke, Matthew & Islam, Sardar M.N., 2005. "Diminishing and negative welfare returns of economic growth: an index of sustainable economic welfare (ISEW) for Thailand," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 81-93, July.
- Matthew Clarke & Sardar M. N. Islam, 2003. "Health Adjusted GDP (HAGDP) Measures of the Relationship Between Economic Growth, Health Outcomes and Social Welfare," CESifo Working Paper Series 1002, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.