The need to conserve farm animal genetic resources in Africa: should policy makers be concerned?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 45 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1993. "What to Preserve? An Application of Diversity Theory to Crane Conservation?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 108(1), pages 157-83, February.
- Drucker, Adam G. & Gomez, Veronica & Anderson, Simon, 2001. "The economic valuation of farm animal genetic resources: a survey of available methods," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Simianer, H., 2005. "Decision making in livestock conservation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 559-572, June.
- Otieno, David Jakinda & Hubbard, Lionel J. & Ruto, Eric, 2012. "Determinants of technical efficiency in beef cattle production in Kenya," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125853, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lambrou, Yianna & Laub, Regina, 2006. "Gender, Local Knowledge, and Lessons Learnt in Documenting and Conserving Agrobiodiversity," Working Paper Series RP2006/69, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Bett, R.C. & Bett, H.K. & Kahi, A.K. & Peters, K.J., 2009. "Evaluation and effectiveness of breeding and production services for dairy goat farmers in Kenya," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2451-2460, June.
- Ouma, Emily Awuor & Abdulai, Awudu, 2009. "Contributions of Social Capital Theory in Predicting Collective Action Behavior among Livestock Keeping Communities in Kenya," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 49994, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.