The need to conserve farm animal genetic resources in Africa: should policy makers be concerned?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 45 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1993. "What to Preserve? An Application of Diversity Theory to Crane Conservation?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 108(1), pages 157-83, February.
- Drucker, Adam G. & Gomez, Veronica & Anderson, Simon, 2001. "The economic valuation of farm animal genetic resources: a survey of available methods," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Ouma, Emily Awuor & Abdulai, Awudu, 2009. "Contributions of Social Capital Theory in Predicting Collective Action Behavior among Livestock Keeping Communities in Kenya," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 49994, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Otieno, David Jakinda & Hubbard, Lionel J. & Ruto, Eric, 2012. "Determinants of technical efficiency in beef cattle production in Kenya," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125853, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Simianer, H., 2005. "Decision making in livestock conservation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 559-572, June.
- Bett, R.C. & Bett, H.K. & Kahi, A.K. & Peters, K.J., 2009. "Evaluation and effectiveness of breeding and production services for dairy goat farmers in Kenya," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2451-2460, June.
- Lambrou, Yianna & Laub, Regina, 2006. "Gender, Local Knowledge, and Lessons Learnt in Documenting and Conserving Agrobiodiversity," Working Paper Series RP2006/69, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.