The international fragmentation of Austrian manufacturing: The effects of outsourcing on productivity and wages
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The North American Journal of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 12 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620163
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hartmut Egger & Peter Egger, 2000. "Outsourcing and skill-specific employment in a small economy: Austria and the fall of the Iron Curtain," Economics working papers 2000-24, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Greenaway, David & Hine, Robert C. & Wright, Peter, 1999. "An empirical assessment of the impact of trade on employment in the United Kingdom," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 485-500, September.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Haskel, Jonathan, 2000.
"The Trade and Labour Approaches to Wage Inequality,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2476, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jonathan E. Haskel, 1999. "The Trade and Labour Approaches to Wage Inequality," Working Papers 405, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Sven Arndt, 1999. "Globalization and economic development," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 309-318.
- Feenstra, Robert C & Hanson, Gordon H, 1996.
"Globalization, Outsourcing, and Wage Inequality,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 240-45, May.
- Stephen Machin & Annette Ryan & John Van Reenen, 1996.
"Technology and changes in skill structure: Evidence from an international panel of industries,"
IFS Working Papers
W96/06, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Machin, Steve & Van Reenen, John, 1996. "Technology and Changes in Skill Structure: Evidence from an International Panel of Industries," CEPR Discussion Papers 1434, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephen Machin & A Ryan & John Van Reenen, 1996. "Technology and Changes in Skill Structure: Evidence from an International Panel of Industries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0297, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Arndt, Sven W., 1997. "Globalization and the open economy," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 71-79.
- Deardorff, A.V., 1998.
"Fragmentation in Simple Trade Models,"
98-11, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Deardorff, Alan V., 2001. "Fragmentation in simple trade models," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 121-137, July.
- Bob Anderton & Paul Brenton, 1998.
"Outsourcing and Low-Skilled Workers in the UK,"
CSGR Working papers series
12/98, Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation (CSGR), University of Warwick.
- Sven W. Arndt, 1998. "Super-Specialization And The Gains From Trade," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 16(4), pages 480-485, October.
- David Hummels & Dana Rapoport & Kei-Mu Yi, 1998. "Vertical specialization and the changing nature of world trade," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jun, pages 79-99.
- Martin Falk, 2012.
"International Outsourcing and Productivity Growth,"
Review of Economics and Institutions,
Università di Perugia, vol. 3(1).
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral, 2014. "Global Value Chains: Surveying Drivers, Measures and Impacts," Working Papers w201403, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Barry, Frank & Walsh, Frank, 2008. "Gains and losses from sectoral relocation: A review of theory and empirics," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 4-16, March.
- Rodolfo Helg, 2005.
"Patterns of international fragmentation of production and the relative demand for labor,"
LIUC Papers in Economics
167, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Helg, Rodolfo & Tajoli, Lucia, 2005. "Patterns of international fragmentation of production and the relative demand for labor," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 233-254, August.
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral, 2008.
"International Fragmentation of Production in the Portuguese Economy: What do Different Measures Tell Us?,"
w200811, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia, 2008. "International fragmentation of production in the Portuguese economy: What do different measures tell us?," MPRA Paper 9783, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rosario Crinò, 2007. "Offshoring, Multinationals and Labor Market: A Review of the Empirical Literature," KITeS Working Papers 196, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jan 2007.
- Rocha-Akis, Silvia & Schöb, Ronnie, 2009.
"Welfare policy in the presence of unionised labour and internationally mobile firms,"
2009/14, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Silvia Rocha‐Akis & Ronnie Schöb, 2011. "Welfare Policy in the Presence of Unionised Labour and Internationally Mobile Firms," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 113(1), pages 93-119, 03.
- Silvia Rocha-Akis & Ronnie Schöb, 2010. "Welfare Policy in the Presence of Unionised Labour and Internationally Mobile Firms," CESifo Working Paper Series 3032, CESifo Group Munich.
- Roberto Antonietti, 2014. "From Outsourcing to Productivity, Passing Through Training: Microeconometric Evidence from Italy," Working Papers 2014.12, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Lin, Songhua & Ma, Alyson C., 2012. "Outsourcing and productivity: Evidence from Korean data," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 39-49.
- Gudrun Biffl, 2006. "Age Management – a Coping Strategy for Employers. The Case of the Automotive Industry," WIFO Working Papers 274, WIFO.
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia, 2009.
"Vertical specialization across the world: A relative measure,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 267-280, December.
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia, 2008. "Vertical specialization across the world: a relative measure," MPRA Paper 9618, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral, 2008. "Vertical Specialization Across the World: A Relative Measure," Working Papers w200810, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Silvia Rocha-Akis, 2006. "Labour tax policies and strategic offshoring under unionised oligopoly," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp099, Vienna University of Economics, Department of Economics.
- repec:iab:iabzaf:v:39:i:1:p:7-23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yvonne Wolfmayr, 2008. "Producer Services and Competitiveness of Manufacturing Exports," FIW Research Reports series I-009, FIW.
- Nana Bourtchouladze, 2007. "Offshoring and Heterogeneous Firms: One Job Offshored, One Job Lost?," IHEID Working Papers 28-2007, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised Dec 2007.
- Cadarso, Maria Angeles & Gomez, Nuria & Lopez, Luis Antonio & Tobarra, Maria Angeles, 2008. "The EU enlargement and the impact of outsourcing on industrial employment in Spain, 1993-2003," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 95-108, March.
- Biffl, Gudrun, 2006. "Towards a common migration policy : potential impact on the EU economy," Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 39(1), pages 7-23.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.