Asymmetric transmission mechanisms and the rise in European unemployment: A case of structural differences or of policy failures?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
Volume (Year): 22 (1998)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bleaney, Michael & Mizen, Paul, 1997.
"Credibility and Disinflation in the European Monetary System,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(445), pages 1751-67, November.
- M. F. Bleaney & Paul Mizen,, . "Credibility and Disinflation in the European Monetary System," Discussion Papers 95/4, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- David Cobham & Steve Williams, 1998.
"Hysteresis, the Phillips curve and the costs of monetary union,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(8), pages 477-480.
- David Cobham & Steve Williams, 1996. "Hysteresis, the Phillips Curve and the Costs of Monetary Union," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 9620, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Maria Demertzis & Andrew Hughes Hallett, 1996. "Regional Inequalities and the Business Cycle: An Explanation of the Rise in European Unemployment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 15-29.
- Alogoskoufis, George S & Smith, Ron, 1991. "The Phillips Curve, the Persistence of Inflation, and the Lucas Critique: Evidence from Exchange-Rate Regimes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1254-75, December.
- Bean, Charles R., 1994. "European unemployment: A retrospective," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 523-534, April.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992. "Regional Evolutions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1), pages 1-76.
- Douglas Laxton & Peter B. Clark & David Rose, 1995.
"Asymmetry in the U.S. Output-Inflation Nexus,"
IMF Working Papers
95/76, International Monetary Fund.
- Brechling, Frank, 1973. "Wage Inflation and the Structure of Regional Unemployment," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 5(1), pages 355-79, Part II F.
- Demertzis, Maria & Hughes Hallett, Andrew, 1995. "On Measuring the Costs of Labour Immobility and Market Heterogeneity in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 1189, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Burda, Michael C & Mertens, Antje, 1994.
"Locational Competition versus Cooperation in Labour Markets: An Implicit Contract Reinterpretation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1020, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael BURDA & Antje MERTENS, 1994. "Locational Competition versus Cooperation in Labor Markets: An Implicit Contract Reinterpretation," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1994,32, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Douglas Laxton & Guy Meredith & David Rose, 1994. "Asymmetric Effects of Economic Activityon Inflation," IMF Working Papers 94/139, International Monetary Fund.
- M. Demertzis & A.J. Huges Hallett, 2001.
"Wage Inflation and the Distribution of Output Gaps in Europe: Insidersvs. Outsiders,"
DNB Staff Reports (discontinued)
59, Netherlands Central Bank.
- M. Demertzis & A. Hughes Hallett, 2000. "Wage Inflation and the Distribution of Output Gaps in Europe: Insiders vs. Outsiders," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 631, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Demertzis, Maria & Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Schermer, Nicolien, 2009.
"Europeanization or globalization? Transnational wage bargaining and the distribution of activity in European labor markets,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 177-192, August.
- Maria Demertzis & Andrew Hughes Hallett & Nicolien Schermer, 2008. "Europeanization or Globalization? Transnational Wage Bargaining and the Distribution of Activity in European Labor Markets," DNB Working Papers 186, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Jondeau, Eric & Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume, 2008.
"Testing heterogeneity within the euro area,"
Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 192-196, April.
- Jondeau, E. & Sahuc, J-G., 2006.
"Optimal Monetary Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model of the Euro Area with Cross-country Heterogeneity,"
141, Banque de France.
- Eric Jondeau & Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2008. "Optimal Monetary Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model of the Euro Area with Cross-Country Heterogeneity," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 4(2), pages 23-72, June.
- Eric Jondeau & Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2005. "Testing Heterogeneity within the Euro Area Using a Structural Multi-Country Model," Documents de recherche 05-06, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Herzog, Bodo, 2006. "Coordination of fiscal and monetary policy in CIS-countries: A theory of optimum fiscal area?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 256-274, June.
- Andrew Hughes Hallett, 2008. "Coordination without Explicit Cooperation: Monetary-Fiscal Interactions in an Era of Demographic Change," European Economy - Economic Papers 305, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.