Asymmetric transmission mechanisms and the rise in European unemployment: A case of structural differences or of policy failures?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
Volume (Year): 22 (1998)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bean, Charles R., 1994. "European unemployment: A retrospective," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 523-534, April.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992. "Regional Evolutions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1), pages 1-76.
- Douglas Laxton & Guy Meredith & David Rose, 1994.
"Asymmetric Effects of Economic Activity on Inflation - Evidence and Policy Implications,"
IMF Working Papers
94/139, International Monetary Fund.
- Douglas Laxton & Guy Meredith & David Rose, 1995. "Asymmetric Effects of Economic Activity on Inflation: Evidence and Policy Implications," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(2), pages 344-374, June.
- M. F. Bleaney & Paul Mizen,, .
"Credibility and Disinflation in the European Monetary System,"
95/4, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Bleaney, Michael & Mizen, Paul, 1997. "Credibility and Disinflation in the European Monetary System," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(445), pages 1751-67, November.
- Brechling, Frank, 1973. "Wage Inflation and the Structure of Regional Unemployment," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 5(1), pages 355-79, Part II F.
- Alogoskoufis, George S & Smith, Ron, 1991. "The Phillips Curve, the Persistence of Inflation, and the Lucas Critique: Evidence from Exchange-Rate Regimes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1254-75, December.
- Douglas Laxton & Peter B. Clark & David Rose, 1995. "Asymmetry in the U.S. Output-Inflation Nexus - Issues and Evidence," IMF Working Papers 95/76, International Monetary Fund.
- David Cobham & Steve Williams, 1996.
"Hysteresis, the Phillips Curve and the Costs of Monetary Union,"
CRIEFF Discussion Papers
9620, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- David Cobham & Steve Williams, 1998. "Hysteresis, the Phillips curve and the costs of monetary union," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(8), pages 477-480.
- Maria Demertzis & Andrew Hughes Hallett, 1996. "Regional Inequalities and the Business Cycle: An Explanation of the Rise in European Unemployment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 15-29.
- Demertzis, Maria & Hughes Hallett, Andrew, 1995. "On Measuring the Costs of Labour Immobility and Market Heterogeneity in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 1189, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jondeau, E. & Sahuc, J-G., 2007.
"Testing heterogeneity within the euro area,"
181, Banque de France.
- Herzog, Bodo, 2006. "Coordination of fiscal and monetary policy in CIS-countries: A theory of optimum fiscal area?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 256-274, June.
- Jondeau, E. & Sahuc, J-G., 2006.
"Optimal Monetary Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model of the Euro Area with Cross-country Heterogeneity,"
141, Banque de France.
- Eric Jondeau & Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2008. "Optimal Monetary Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model of the Euro Area with Cross-Country Heterogeneity," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 4(2), pages 23-72, June.
- Eric Jondeau & Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2005. "Testing Heterogeneity within the Euro Area Using a Structural Multi-Country Model," Documents de recherche 05-06, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.