Estimating spatial differences in the Brazilian cost of living with household location choices
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 80 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ravallion, Martin & van de Walle, Dominique, 1991. "Urban-rural cost-of-living differentials in a developing economy," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 113-127, January.
- Luciana M.S. Servo & Carlos R. Azzoni, 2002.
"Education, cost of living and regional wage inequality in Brazil,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Springer, vol. 81(2), pages 157-175.
- Carlos R. Azzoni & Luciana M.S. Servo, 2002. "Education, cost of living and regional wage inequality in Brazil," Review of Economic Design, Springer, vol. 81(2), pages 157-175, 04.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1982. "The Welfare Economics of Local Public Spending: An Empirical Approach," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(193), pages 49-61, February.
- Carlos R. Azzoni & Luciana M.S. Servo, 2002. "Education, cost of living and regional wage inequality in Brazil," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 81(2), pages 157-175, 04.
- Muellbauer, John, 1974. "Prices and Inequality: The United Kingdom Experience," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 84(333), pages 32-55, March.
- Steven T. Berry, 1994. "Estimating Discrete-Choice Models of Product Differentiation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(2), pages 242-262, Summer.
- Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Peter Lanjouw & Marcelo Côrtes Neri, 2003.
"A Robust Poverty Profile for Brazil Using Multiple Data Sources,"
Revista Brasileira de Economia,
FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 57(1), pages 59-92, January.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Lanjouw, Peter & Neri, Marcelo Cortes, 2002. "A Robust Poverty Profile for Brazil Using Multiple Data Sources," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 444, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-90, July.
- Fally, Thibault & Paillacar, Rodrigo & Terra, Cristina, 2010.
"Economic geography and wages in Brazil: Evidence from micro-data,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 155-168, January.
- Thibault Fally & Rodrigo Paillacar & Cristina Terra, 2008. "Economic Geography and Wages in Brazil: Evidence from Micro-Data," THEMA Working Papers 2008-23, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Forhad Shilpi, 2009.
"Determinants of the Choice of Migration Destination,"
Economics Series Working Papers
CSAE WPS/2009-09, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Forhad Shilpi, 2013. "Determinants of the Choice of Migration Destination," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 75(3), pages 388-409, 06.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Forhad Shilpi, 2009. "Determinants of the Choice of Migration Destination," CSAE Working Paper Series 2009-09, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Shilpi, Forhad, 2009. "Determinants of the Choice of Migration Destination," CEPR Discussion Papers 7407, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Forhad Shilpi, 2010. "Determinants of the Choice of Migration Destination," Working Papers id:2450, eSocialSciences.
- Duranton, Gilles, 2008.
"From Cities to Productivity and Growth in Developing Countries,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6634, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gilles Duranton, 2007. "From cities to productivity and growth in developing countries," Working Papers tecipa-306, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Atuesta, Laura & Paredes, Araya, 2011. "A Spatial Cost of Living Index for Colombia using a Microeconomic Approach and Censored Data," MPRA Paper 30580, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chao Li & John Gibson, 2013. "Spatial Price Differences and Inequality in China: Housing Market Evidence," Working Papers in Economics 13/06, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- Da Mata, Daniel & Deichmann, Uwe & Henderson, J. Vernon & Lall, Somik V. & Wang, Hyoung Gun, 2005.
"Examining the growth patterns of Brazilian cities,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3724, The World Bank.
- Víctor Iturra & Dusan Paredes, 2011.
"Construction of a Spatial Housing Price Index by Estimating an Almost Ideal Demand System,"
Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional
11, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised May 2011.
- Iturra, Victor & Paredes - Araya, Dusan, 2011. "Construction of a Spatial Housing Price Index by Estimating an Almost Ideal Demand System," MPRA Paper 30581, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.