Empirical model development and comparison with existing correlations
AbstractThis study utilized monthly mean daily values of global solar-radiation and sunshine duration at 41 locations in Saudi Arabia and developed an empirical correlation for the estimation of global solar radiation at locations where it is not measured. The paper also presents the comparison between the present correlation and other models developed under different geographical and varied meteorological conditions. The comparisons are made using standard statistical tests, namely mean bias error (MBE), root mean square error (RMSE), mean percentage error (MPE), and mean absolute bias error (MABE) tests. The errors are calculated using monthly mean daily measured and estimated values of global solar radiation at all 41 locations. The study found that the present correlation produced the best estimates of global solar radiation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Applied Energy.
Volume (Year): 64 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1-4 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Srinivasan, R. & Bahel, V. & Bakhsh, H., 1987. "Comparison of models for estimating solar radiation in arid and semi-arid regions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 113-116.
- Bahel, V. & Srinivasan, R. & Bakhsh, H., 1986. "Solar radiation for Dhahran, Saudi Arabia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 11(10), pages 985-989.
- Rehman, Shafiqur & Bader, Maher A. & Al-Moallem, Said A., 2007. "Cost of solar energy generated using PV panels," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(8), pages 1843-1857, October.
- Jebaraj, S. & Iniyan, S., 2006. "A review of energy models," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 281-311, August.
- Hepbasli, Arif & Alsuhaibani, Zeyad, 2011. "A key review on present status and future directions of solar energy studies and applications in Saudi Arabia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 5021-5050.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.