Solar radiation model
AbstractSolar radiation models for predicting the average daily and hourly global radiation, beam radiation and diffuse radiation are reviewed in this paper. Seven models using the Ångström-Prescott equation to predict the average daily global radiation with hours of sunshine are considered. The average daily global radiation for Hong Kong (22.3Â°N latitude, 114.3Â°E longitude) is predicted. Estimations of monthly average hourly global radiation are discussed. Two parametric models are reviewed and used to predict the hourly irradiance of Hong Kong. Comparisons among model predictions with measured data are made.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Applied Energy.
Volume (Year): 69 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. P. Thirlwall, 1983. "Introduction," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 5(3), pages 341-344, April.
- Janjai, S. & Sricharoen, K. & Pattarapanitchai, S., 2011. "Semi-empirical models for the estimation of clear sky solar global and direct normal irradiances in the tropics," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 4749-4755.
- Qin, Jun & Chen, Zhuoqi & Yang, Kun & Liang, Shunlin & Tang, Wenjun, 2011. "Estimation of monthly-mean daily global solar radiation based on MODIS and TRMM products," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(7), pages 2480-2489, July.
- Karakoti, Indira & Pande, Bimal & Pandey, Kavita, 2011. "Evaluation of different diffuse radiation models for Indian stations and predicting the best fit model," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 2378-2384, June.
- Jebaraj, S. & Iniyan, S., 2006. "A review of energy models," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 281-311, August.
- Bulut, Hüsamettin & Büyükalaca, Orhan, 2007. "Simple model for the generation of daily global solar-radiation data in Turkey," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(5), pages 477-491, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.