Risk and economic sustainability of crop farming systems
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Agricultural Systems.
Volume (Year): 94 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lynam, John K. & Herdt, Robert W., 1989. "Sense and sustainability: Sustainability as an objective in international agricultural research," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 381-398, December.
- J. Brian Hardaker & James W. Richardson & Gudbrand Lien & Keith D. Schumann, 2004.
"Stochastic efficiency analysis with risk aversion bounds: a simplified approach,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 48(2), pages 253-270, 06.
- Hardaker, J. Brian & Richardson, James W. & Lien, Gudbrand D. & Schumann, Keith D., 2004. "Stochastic efficiency analysis with risk aversion bounds: a simplified approach," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 48(2), June.
- Richardson, James W. & Klose, Steven L. & Gray, Allan W., 2000. "An Applied Procedure For Estimating And Simulating Multivariate Empirical (Mve) Probability Distributions In Farm-Level Risk Assessment And Policy Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(02), August.
- Hansen, J. W. & Jones, J. W., 1996. "A systems framework for characterizing farm sustainability," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 185-201, June.
- Pannell, David J. & Glenn, Nicole A., 2000. "A framework for the economic evaluation and selection of sustainability indicators in agriculture," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 135-149, April.
- Pandey, Sushil & Hardaker, J. Brian, 1995. "The role of modelling in the quest for sustainable farming systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 439-450.
- Kaine, G. W. & Tozer, P. R., 2005. "Stability, resilience and sustainability in pasture-based grazing systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 27-48, January.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Quiggin, John, 1992. "Some observations on insurance, bankruptcy and input demand," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 101-110, June.
- Cacho, Oscar J. & Simmons, Phil, 1999. "A genetic algorithm approach to farm investment," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 43(3), September.
- Beckerman, Wilfred, 1992. "Economic growth and the environment: Whose growth? whose environment?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 481-496, April.
- Rigby, D. & Caceres, D., 2001. "Organic farming and the sustainability of agricultural systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 21-40, April.
- Lien, Gudbrand, 2003. "Assisting whole-farm decision-making through stochastic budgeting," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 399-413, May.
- Clancy, Daragh & Breen, James P. & Butler, Anne Marie & Thorne, Fiona S. & Wallace, Michael T., 2008. "Valuing the risk associated with willow and miscanthus relative to conventional agricultural systems," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43972, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Brady, Mark & Cong, RongGang, 2011. "Estimating the Resilience Value of Soil Biodiversity in Agriculture: A Stochastic Simulation Approach," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114269, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Eihab M. Fathelrahman & James C. Ascough II & Dana L. Hoag & Robert W. Malone & Philip Heilman & Lori J. Wiles & Ramesh S. Kanwar, 2011. "Continuum of Risk Analysis Methods to Assess Tillage System Sustainability at the Experimental Plot Level," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(7), pages 1035-1063, July.
- Greiner, Romy & Patterson, Louisa & Miller, Owen, 2009. "Motivations, risk perceptions and adoption of conservation practices by farmers," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 99(2-3), pages 86-104, February.
- Glendining, M.J. & Dailey, A.G. & Williams, A.G. & Evert, F.K. van & Goulding, K.W.T. & Whitmore, A.P., 2009. "Is it possible to increase the sustainability of arable and ruminant agriculture by reducing inputs?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 99(2-3), pages 117-125, February.
- Greiner, Romy & Miller, Owen & Patterson, Louisa, 2008. "The role of grazier motivations and risk attitudes in the adoption of grazing best management practices," 2008 Conference (52nd), February 5-8, 2008, Canberra, Australia 6002, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.