Sustainability Analysis of Ecological and Conventional Agricultural Systems in Bangladesh
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rigby, D. & Caceres, D., 2001. "Organic farming and the sustainability of agricultural systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 21-40, April.
- Paul Webster, 1999. "The Challenge of Sustainability at the Farm Level: Presidential Address," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 371-387.
- De Jager, A. & Onduru, D. & van Wijk, M. S. & Vlaming, J. & Gachini, G. N., 2001. "Assessing sustainability of low-external-input farm management systems with the nutrient monitoring approach: a case study in Kenya," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 69(1-2), pages 99-118.
- Hansen, J. W., 1996. "Is agricultural sustainability a useful concept?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 117-143.
- John Henning & Laurie Baker & Paul Thomassin, 1991. "Economics Issues in Organic Agriculture," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 39(4), pages 877-889, December.
- Lynam, John K. & Herdt, Robert W., 1989. "Sense and sustainability: Sustainability as an objective in international agricultural research," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 381-398, December.
- Pretty, Jules & Ward, Hugh, 2001. "Social Capital and the Environment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 209-227, February.
- Repetto, Robert, 1987. "Economic Incentives for Sustainable Production," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 44-59, November.
- Hossain, Mahabub, 1988. "Nature and impact of the Green Revolution in Bangladesh:," Research reports 67, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Stoop, Willem A. & Uphoff, Norman & Kassam, Amir, 2002. "A review of agricultural research issues raised by the system of rice intensification (SRI) from Madagascar: opportunities for improving farming systems for resource-poor farmers," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 249-274, March.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Meisner, Craig & Huq, Mainul, 2005. "Health effects and pesticide perception as determinants of pesticide use : evidence from Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3776, The World Bank.
- Susmita Dasgupta & Craig Meisner & David Wheeler, 2007.
"Is Environmentally Friendly Agriculture Less Profitable for Farmers? Evidence on Integrated Pest Management in Bangladesh,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(1), pages 103-118.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Meisner, Craig & Wheeler, David, 2004. "Is environmentally-friendly agriculture less profitable for farmers ? evidence on integrated pest management in Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3417, The World Bank.
- Fernandes, Lúcio André de O. & Woodhouse, Philip J., 2008. "Family farm sustainability in southern Brazil: An application of agri-environmental indicators," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 243-257, June.
- Hazell, Peter B.R., 2009. "The Asian Green Revolution:," IFPRI discussion papers 911, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Meisner, Craig & Mamingi, Nlandu, 2005. "Pesticide traders'perception of health risks : evidence from Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3777, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.