Why do farmers have so little interest in futures markets?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 27 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lapan, Harvey E. & Moschini, GianCarlo, 1994. "Futures Hedging Under Price, Basis and Production Risk," Staff General Research Papers 10041, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Holt, Matthew T, 1996. "Economic Behavior under Uncertainty: A Joint Analysis of Risk Preferences and Technology," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 329-35, May.
- Simmons, Phil & Rambaldi, Alicia N., 1997. "Potential demand for hedging by Australian wheat producers," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 41(2), June.
- Jackson, T.M. & Hanjra, Munir A. & Khan, S. & Hafeez, M.M., 2011. "Building a climate resilient farm: A risk based approach for understanding water, energy and emissions in irrigated agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(9), pages 729-745.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Leat, Philip M.K., 2008.
"Collaborative supply chain initiatives as devices to cope with income variability in the Scottish red meat sector,"
61105, Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College), Land Economy & Environment Research Group.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Leat, Philip M.K., 2008. "Collaborative supply chain initiatives as devices to cope with income variability in the Scottish red meat sector," Working Papers 61105, Scottish Agricultural College, Land Economy Research Group.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Leat, Philip M.K., 2008. "Collaborative Supply Chain Initiatives as Devices to Cope with Income Variability in the Scottish Red Meat Sector," 108th Seminar, February 8-9, 2008, Warsaw, Poland 48110, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Guo, Zhibo & White, Ben & Mugera, Amin, 2013. "Hedge Effectiveness for Western Australia Crops," 2013 Conference (57th), February 5-8, 2013, Sydney, Australia 152154, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Deane, Paul & Malcolm, Bill, 2006. "Do Australian woolgrowers manage price risk rationally?," AFBM Journal, Australasian Farm Business Management Network, vol. 3(2).
- Pannell, David J. & Hailu, Getu & Weersink, Alfons & Burt, Amanda, 2007.
"More Reasons Why Farmers Have So Little Interest in Futures Markets,"
9232, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- David J. Pannell & Getu Hailu & Alfons Weersink & Amanda Burt, 2008. "More reasons why farmers have so little interest in futures markets," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(1), pages 41-50, 07.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.