Why do farmers have so little interest in futures markets?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 27 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simmons, Phil & Rambaldi, Alicia N., 1997. "Potential demand for hedging by Australian wheat producers," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 41(2), June.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Holt, Matthew T, 1996. "Economic Behavior under Uncertainty: A Joint Analysis of Risk Preferences and Technology," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 329-35, May.
- Lapan, Harvey E. & Moschini, GianCarlo, 1994. "Futures Hedging Under Price, Basis and Production Risk," Staff General Research Papers 10041, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Leat, Philip M.K., 2008.
"Collaborative supply chain initiatives as devices to cope with income variability in the Scottish red meat sector,"
61105, Scottish Agricultural College, Land Economy Research Group.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Leat, Philip M.K., 2008. "Collaborative Supply Chain Initiatives as Devices to Cope with Income Variability in the Scottish Red Meat Sector," 108th Seminar, February 8-9, 2008, Warsaw, Poland 48110, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Leat, Philip M.K., 2008. "Collaborative supply chain initiatives as devices to cope with income variability in the Scottish red meat sector," Working Papers 61105, Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College), Land Economy & Environment Research Group.
- Deane, Paul & Malcolm, Bill, 2006. "Do Australian woolgrowers manage price risk rationally?," AFBM Journal, Australasian Farm Business Management Network, vol. 3(2).
- Jackson, T.M. & Hanjra, Munir A. & Khan, S. & Hafeez, M.M., 2011. "Building a climate resilient farm: A risk based approach for understanding water, energy and emissions in irrigated agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(9), pages 729-745.
- David J. Pannell & Getu Hailu & Alfons Weersink & Amanda Burt, 2008.
"More reasons why farmers have so little interest in futures markets,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(1), pages 41-50, 07.
- Pannell, David J. & Hailu, Getu & Weersink, Alfons & Burt, Amanda, 2007. "More Reasons Why Farmers Have So Little Interest in Futures Markets," Working Papers 9232, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Guo, Zhibo & White, Ben & Mugera, Amin, 2013. "Hedge Effectiveness for Western Australia Crops," 2013 Conference (57th), February 5-8, 2013, Sydney, Australia 152154, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.