Profitability, efficiency and comparative advantage of African cattle meat and milk production: the case of trypanotolerant village cattle production
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 14 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Itty, P. & Rowlands, G. J. & Minengu, M. & Ngamuna, S. & Van Winkel, F. & d'Ieteren, G. D. M., 1995. "The economics of recently introduced village cattle production in a tsetse affected area (I): Trypanotolerant N'Dama cattle in Zaire," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 347-366.
- Gonzales, Leonardo A. & Kasryno, Faisal & Perez, Nicostrato D. & Rosegrant, Mark W., 1993. "Economic incentives and comparative advantage in Indonesian food crop production:," Research reports 93, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Morris, Michael L., 1989. "Wheat Policy Options in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of Zimbabwe," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 3(2), May.
- Morris, Michael L., 1989. "Wheat policy options in sub-Saharan Africa: The case of Zimbabwe," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 115-129, May.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1988.
"Economic organization, information, and development,"
Handbook of Development Economics,
in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 5, pages 93-160
- Stiglitz, J.E., 1988. "Economic Organization, Information And Development," Papers 21, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Williams, Timothy O., 1993. "Livestock pricing policy in sub-Saharan Africa: objectives, instruments and impact in five countries," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(2), February.
- Murphy, Eithne, 1989. "Comparative Advantage in Dairying: An Intercountry Analysis within the European Community," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 16(1), pages 19-36.
- Williams, Timothy O., 1993. "Livestock pricing policy in sub-Saharan Africa: Objectives, instruments and impact in five countries," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 139-159, February.
- Somda, Jacques & Kamuanga, Mulumba & Tollens, Eric, 2005. "Characteristics and economic viability of milk production in the smallholder farming systems in The Gambia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 42-58, July.
- Kristjanson, P. M. & Swallow, B. M. & Rowlands, G. J. & Kruska, R. L. & de Leeuw, P. N., 1999. "Measuring the costs of African animal trypanosomosis, the potential benefits of control and returns to research," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 79-98, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.