Empirical Testing of Modified Black-Scholes Option Pricing Model Formula on NSE Derivative Market in India
AbstractThe main objectives of this paper are to incorporate modification in Black-Scholes option pricing model formula by adding some new variables on the basis of given assumption related to risk-free interest rate, and also shows the calculation process of new risk-free interest rate on the basis of modified variable. This paper also identifies the various situations in empirical testing of modified and original Black-Scholes formula with respect to the market value on the basis of assumed and calculated risk-free interest rate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econjournals in its journal International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues.
Volume (Year): 3 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econjournals.com
Black-Scholes Option Pricing Model; Empirical testing; Suggested modification;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- MacBeth, James D & Merville, Larry J, 1979. "An Empirical Examination of the Black-Scholes Call Option Pricing Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(5), pages 1173-86, December.
- Bhattacharya, Mihir, 1980. "Empirical Properties of the Black-Scholes Formula Under Ideal Conditions," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(05), pages 1081-1105, December.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1972. "The Valuation of Option Contracts and a Test of Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 399-417, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.