Small-sample properties of tests for heteroscedasticity in the conditional logit model
AbstractThis paper compares the small-sample properties of several asymptotically equivalent tests for heteroscedasticity in the conditional logit model. While no test outperforms the others in all of the experiments conducted, the likelihood ratio test and a particular variety of the Wald test are found to have good properties in moderate samples as well as being relatively powerful.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 3 (2006)
Issue (Month): 18 ()
Contact details of provider:
Other versions of this item:
- Arne Risa Hole, 2006. "Small-sample properties of tests for heteroscedasticity in the conditional logit model," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 06/04, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Louviere, Jordan J, 2001. " What If Consumer Experiments Impact Variances as Well as Means? Response Variability as a Behavioral Phenomenon," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(3), pages 506-11, December.
- Sudipta Sarangi & Tibor Besedes & Cary Deck & Mikhael Shor, .
"Decision-making Strategies and Performance among Seniors,"
Departmental Working Papers
2011-08, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Besedeš, Tibor & Deck, Cary & Sarangi, Sudipta & Shor, Mikhael, 2012. "Decision-making strategies and performance among seniors," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 524-533.
- Gaetano Martino & Paolo Polinori, 2011. "Productive process innovation as sequential adjustment of the hybrid governance structure: the case of the poultry sector," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 88/2011, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.