Fractional Cointegration In Stochastic Volatility Models
AbstractAsset returns are frequently assumed to be determined by one or more commonfactors. We consider a bivariate factor model, where the unobservable commonfactor and idiosyncratic errors are stationary and serially uncorrelated, but havestrong dependence in higher moments. Stochastic volatility models for the latentvariables are employed, in view of their direct application to asset pricing models.Assuming the underlying persistence is higher in the factor than in the errors, afractional cointegrating relationship can be recovered by suitable transformation ofthe data. We propose a narrow band semiparametric estimate of the factorloadings, which is shown to be consistent with a rate of convergence, and its finitesample properties are investigated in a Monte Carlo experiment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 24 (2008)
Issue (Month): 05 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Other versions of this item:
- Afonso Gonçalves da Silva & Peter M Robinson, 2007. "Fractional Cointegration In StochasticVolatility Models," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2007/519, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Afonso Gonçalves da Silva & Peter M Robinson, 2006.
"Finite Sample Performance in CointegrationAnalysis of Nonlinear Time Series with LongMemory,"
STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series
/2006/501, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Afonso Goncalves da Silva & Peter Robinson, 2008. "Finite Sample Performance in Cointegration Analysis of Nonlinear Time Series with Long Memory," Econometric Reviews, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 27(1-3), pages 268-297.
- Gilles De Truchis & Benjamin Keddad, 2013.
"Analyzing Financial Integration in East Asia through Fractional Cointegration in Volatilities,"
- Gilles de Truchis & Benjamin Keddad, 2013. "Analyzing Financial Integration in East Asia through Fractional Cointegration in Volatilities," AMSE Working Papers 1346, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised Sep 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.