Seigniorage And The Welfare Cost Of Inflation In Colombia
AbstractWe compute both seigniorage rate and welfare costo f inflation rate in Colombia using a Sidrauski-type model in which preferentes are nonseparable functions of the service flows of non - durable goods and money holdings.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE in its journal ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA.
Volume (Year): (2001)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Other versions of this item:
- Martha López, 2000. "Seigniorage And The Welfare Cost Of Inflation In Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003488, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Martha López, . "Seigniorage and the Welfare Cost of Inflation in Colombia," Borradores de Economia 151, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eichenbaum, Martin S & Hansen, Lars Peter & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1988.
"A Time Series Analysis of Representative Agent Models of Consumption and Leisure Choice under Uncertainty,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 103(1), pages 51-78, February.
- Martin S. Eichenbaum & Lars Peter Hansen & Kenneth J. Singleton, 1986. "A Time Series Analysis of Representative Agent Models of Consumption andLeisure Choice Under Uncertainty," NBER Working Papers 1981, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas F. Cooley & Gary D. Hansen, 1987.
"The Inflation Tax in a Real Business Cycle Model,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
496, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Cooley, T.F. & Hansen, G.D., 1988. "The Inflation Tax In A Real Business Cycle Model," RCER Working Papers 155, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Cooley, T.F. & Hansen, G.D., 1988. "The Inflation Tax In A Real Business Cycle Model," Papers 88-05, Rochester, Business - General.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1981. "Towards an understanding of the costs of inflation: II," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 5-41, January.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1982. "Generalized Instrumental Variables Estimation of Nonlinear Rational Expectations Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1269-86, September.
- Hall, Alastair R., 2004. "Generalized Method of Moments," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198775201, September.
- Javier Gómez & Juan Manuel Julio, 2003.
"Transmission Mechanism and Inflation Targeting: The Case of Colombia's Desinflation,"
Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review,
Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines, vol. 18(2), pages 109-133, December.
- Javier Gómez & Juan Manuel Julio, 2001. "Transmission Mechanism And Inflation Targeting: The Cese Of Colombia'S Disinflation," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003656, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Martha López, 2006.
"Algunos Criterios Para Evaluar Una Meta De Inflación De Largo Plazo,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
001967, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Martha López, . "Algunos criterios para evaluar una meta de inflación de largo plazo," Borradores de Economia 386, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Paulina Restrepo Echavarría, . "Disinflation Costs Under Inflation Targeting in Small Open Economy Economy," Borradores de Economia 328, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Paulina Restrepo Echavarría, 2005. "Disinflation Costs Under Inflation Targeting In A Small Open Economy," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002374, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Mushtaq, Siffat & Rashid, Abdul & Qayyum, Abdul, 2013.
"On the Welfare Cost of Inflation: The Case of Pakistan,"
47549, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Siffat Mushtaq & Abdul Rashid & Abdul Qayyum, 2012. "On the Welfare Cost of Inflation: The Case of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 51(1), pages 61-96.
- Leonardo Villar Gómez, 2004. "Inflación Y Finanzas Públicas," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002852, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Javier Gómez & José Darío Uribe & Hernando Vargas, 2002. "The Implementation Of Inflation Targeting In Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003603, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espe).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.