Model Selection In Periodic Autoregressions
AbstractIn this paper, the authors analyze a model selection strategy for periodic autoregressive time-series processes. It involves autoregressive order selection and tests for unit roots at the (non-)seasonal frequencies. The strategy is evaluated using Monte Carlo replications and it is applied to several quarterly U.K. macroeconomic time series. Copyright 1994 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Oxford in its journal Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): 56 (1994)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manor Rd. Building, Oxford, OX1 3UQ
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0305-9049
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clements, Michael & Smith, Jeremy, 1997.
"Forecasting Seasonal UK Consumption Components,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
479, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Clements, M.P. & Smith, J., 1997. "Forecasting Seasonal UK Consumption Components," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 487, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Novales, Alfonso & de Fruto, Rafael Flores, 1997. "Forecasting with periodic models A comparison with time invariant coefficient models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 393-405, September.
- Evans, Mark, 2006. "A study of the relationship between regional ferrous scrap prices in the USA, 1958-2004," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 65-77, June.
- Franses, Philip Hans & Ooms, Marius, 1997. "A periodic long-memory model for quarterly UK inflation," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 117-126, March.
- Albertson, Kevin & Aylen, Jonathan, 1996. "Modelling the Great Lakes freeze: forecasting and seasonality in the market for ferrous scrap," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 345-359, September.
- Christiano, Lawrence J. & Todd, Richard M., 2002.
"The conventional treatment of seasonality in business cycle analysis: does it create distortions?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 335-364, March.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Richard M. Todd, 2000. "The Conventional Treatment of Seasonality in Business Cycle Analysis: Does it Create Distortions?," NBER Technical Working Papers 0266, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Breitung & P. Franses, 1995.
"Impulse Response Functions for Periodic Integration,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
1995,43, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Breitung, Jorg & Franses, Philip Hans, 1997. "Impulse response functions for periodic integration," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 35-40, August.
- Pami Dua & Lokendra Kumawat, 2010.
"Modelling and Forecasting Seasonality in Indian Macroeconomic Time Series,"
- Pami Dua & Lokendra Kumawat, 2005. "Modelling and Forecasting Seasonality in Indian Macroeconomic Time Series," Working papers 136, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Albertson, Kevin & Aylen, Jonathan, 2003. "Forecasting the behaviour of manufacturing inventory," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 299-311.
- Sarnaglia, A.J.Q. & Reisen, V.A. & Lévy-Leduc, C., 2010. "Robust estimation of periodic autoregressive processes in the presence of additive outliers," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(9), pages 2168-2183, October.
- Eiji Kurozumi, 2002. "Testing For Periodic Stationarity," Econometric Reviews, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 243-270.
- Wells, J. M., 1997. "Modelling seasonal patterns and long-run trends in U.S. time series," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 407-420, September.
- Boswijk, H. Peter & Franses, Philip Hans & Haldrup, Niels, 1997. "Multiple unit roots in periodic autoregression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 167-193, September.
- Herwartz, Helmut, 1997. "Performance of periodic error correction models in forecasting consumption data," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 421-431, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.