Why Are Smart Cities Growing? Who Moves And Who Stays
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 51 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (05)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-4146
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moretti, Enrico, 2004.
"Estimating the social return to higher education: evidence from longitudinal and repeated cross-sectional data,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 175-212.
- Enrico Moretti, 2002. "Estimating the Social Return to Higher Education: Evidence From Longitudinal and Repeated Cross-Sectional Data," NBER Working Papers 9108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Albert Saiz, 2003.
"The Rise of the Skilled City,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
2025, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- repec:fth:stanho:e-95-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Groen, J.A.Jeffrey A., 2004. "The effect of college location on migration of college-educated labor," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 125-142.
- Joseph Gyourko & Christopher Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2013.
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 167-99, November.
- David Huffman & John M. Quigley, 2002.
"The role of the university in attracting high tech entrepreneurship: A Silicon Valley tale,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 403-419.
- Huffman, David & Quigley, John M., 2002. "The Role of the University in Attracting High Tech Entrepreneurship: A Silicon Valley Tale," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt39p8c937, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Simon, Curtis J., 1998. "Human Capital and Metropolitan Employment Growth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 223-243, March.
- Jesse M. Shapiro, 2005. "Smart Cities: Quality of Life, Productivity, and the Growth Effects of Human Capital," NBER Working Papers 11615, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lange, Fabian & Topel, Robert, 2006. "The Social Value of Education and Human Capital," Handbook of the Economics of Education, Elsevier.
- Simon, Curtis J. & Nardinelli, Clark, 2002. "Human capital and the rise of American cities, 1900-1990," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 59-96, January.
- Simon, Curtis J., 2004. "Industrial reallocation across US cities, 1977-1997," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 119-143, July.
- Alm, James & Winters, John V., 2009. "Distance and intrastate college student migration," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 728-738, December.
- James D. Adams, 2002.
"Comparative localization of academic and industrial spillovers,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 2(3), pages 253-278, July.
- James D. Adams, 2001. "Comparative Localization of Academic and Industrial Spillovers," NBER Working Papers 8292, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John V. Winters, 2013.
"Human capital externalities and employment differences across metropolitan areas of the USA,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 13(5), pages 799-822, September.
- Winters, John V, 2010. "Human Capital Externalities and Employment Differences across Metropolitan Areas of the U.S," MPRA Paper 22434, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Winters, John V., 2012. "Human Capital Externalities and Employment Differences across Metropolitan Areas of the U.S," IZA Discussion Papers 6869, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hildegunn Stokke & JÃ¸rn RattsÃ¸, 2011.
"Accumulation of education and regional income growth: Limited human capital effects in Norway,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa11p460, European Regional Science Association.
- Jørn Rattsø & Hildegunn E. Stokke, 2011. "Accumulation of education and regional income growth: Limited human capital effects in Norway," Working Paper Series 11211, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Winters, John V, 2010.
"Human Capital and Population Growth in Non-Metropolitan U.S. Counties: The Importance of College Student Migration,"
25592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John V. Winters, 2011. "Human Capital and Population Growth in Nonmetropolitan U.S. Counties: The Importance of College Student Migration," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 25(4), pages 353-365, November.
- Winters, John V., 2013. "STEM Graduates, Human Capital Externalities, and Wages in the U.S," IZA Discussion Papers 7830, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Winters, John V., 2012. "Differences in Employment Outcomes for College Town Stayers and Leavers," IZA Discussion Papers 6723, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- K. Newbold, 2012. "Migration and regional science: opportunities and challenges in a changing environment," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 451-468, April.
- Karima Kourtit & Peter Nijkamp, 2013. "In Search of Creative Champions in High-Tech Spaces," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-193/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Herbst, Mikolaj & Rok, Jakub, 2013. "Mobility of human capital and its effect on regional economic development. Review of theory and empirical literature," MPRA Paper 45755, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fredrik Carlsen & Jorn Rattso & Hildegunn E. Stokke, 2013. "Education, experience and dynamic urban wage premium," Working Paper Series 15213, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Karima Kourtit & Peter Nijkamp & Karima Kourtit & Peter Nijkamp, 2013. "In Search Of Creative Champions In High-Tech Spaces: A Spatial Application Of Strategic Performance Management," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(5), pages 749-777, December.
- W. Mark Brown & Darren M. Scott, 2012. "Human Capital Location Choice: Accounting For Amenities And Thick Labor Markets," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(5), pages 787-808, December.
- Raj Nallari & Breda Griffith & Shahid Yusuf, 2012. "Geography of Growth : Spatial Economics and Competitiveness," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6020, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.