Secured Creditor Recovery Rates from Management Buy-outs in Distress
Abstract"bankruptcy" ; "secured debt" ; "financial distress resolution" .JEL classification: "G"33 , "G"32 Fina ncial support from Deloitte & Touche, Barclays Private Equity and Lloyds/TSB is gratefully acknowledged. The paper has benefited from comments of Eric de Bodt and other participants at the European Financial Management Association (EFMA) 2002 meeting in London. Thanks also to Ameziane Lasfer, Maria Carapeto, Steve Toms and participants at staff seminars at Nottingham University Business School and the Judge Institute, Cambridge, for comments on an earlier version. Copyright Blackwell Publishing Ltd, 2003.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Financial Management Association in its journal European Financial Management.
Volume (Year): 9 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1354-7798
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cumming, Douglas & Siegel, Donald S. & Wright, Mike, 2007. "Private equity, leveraged buyouts and governance," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 439-460, September.
- M. Wright & D. S. Siegel & L. Scholes, 2012.
"Private Equity Portfolio Company Performance During The Global Recession,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
12/795, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Wilson, Nick & Wright, Mike & Siegel, Donald S. & Scholes, Louise, 2012. "Private equity portfolio company performance during the global recession," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 193-205.
- Valkama, Petri & Maula, Markku & Nikoskelainen, Erkki & Wright, Mike, 2013. "Drivers of holding period firm-level returns in private equity-backed buyouts," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2378-2391.
- Dionysios Polemis & Dimitrios Gounopoulos, 2012. "Prediction of distress and identification of potential M&As targets in UK," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(11), pages 1085-1104, November.
- Chrisman, James J. & Chua, Jess H. & Steier, Lloyd P. & Wright, Mike & McKee, D’Lisa N., 2012. "An agency theoretic analysis of value creation through management buy-outs of family firms," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 197-206.
- Marianna Succurro, 2012. "Bankruptcy systems and economic performance across countries: some empirical evidence," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 101-126, February.
- Wright, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R. & Simons, T. & Scholes, L., 2006.
"Leveraged Buyouts in the U.K. and Continental Europe: Retrospect and Prospect,"
2006-70, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mike Wright & Luc Renneboog & Tomas Simons & Louise Scholes, 2006. "Leveraged Buyouts in the U.K. and Continental Europe: Retrospect and Prospect," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 18(3), pages 38-55.
- Wright, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R. & Simons, T. & Scholes, L., 2006. "Leveraged Buyouts in the U.K. and Continental Europe: Retrospect and Prospect," Discussion Paper 2006-022, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Hibbeln, Martin & Gürtler, Marc, 2011. "Pitfalls in modeling loss given default of bank loans," Working Papers IF35V1, Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institute of Finance.
- Achleitner, Ann-Kristin & Andres, Christian & Betzer, André & Weir, Charlie, 2008. "Economic consequences of private equity investments on the German stock market," CEFS Working Paper Series 2008-05, Center for Entrepreneurial and Financial Studies (CEFS), Technische Universität München.
- Gürtler, Marc & Hibbeln, Martin, 2013. "Improvements in loss given default forecasts for bank loans," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2354-2366.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.