On the Role of Risk Premia in Volatility Forecasting
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Business and Economic Statistics.
Volume (Year): 25 (2007)
Issue (Month): (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aleksandar Mijatovic & Paul Schneider, 2009.
"Empirical asset pricing with nonlinear risk premia,"
- Aleksandar Mijatovic & Paul Schneider, 2009. "Empirical Asset Pricing with Nonlinear Risk Premia," Working Papers wp09-03, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Jeremy Graveline & Irina Zviadadze & Mikhail Chernov, 2012. "Crash Risk in Currency Returns," 2012 Meeting Papers 753, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- DeMiguel, Victor & Plyakha, Yuliya & Uppal, Raman & Vilkov, Grigory, 2010. "Improving Portfolio Selection Using Option-Implied Volatility and Skewness," CEPR Discussion Papers 7686, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Peter Christoffersen & Kris Jacobs & Bo Young Chang, 2011. "Forecasting with Option Implied Information," CREATES Research Papers 2011-46, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Kellard, Neil & Dunis, Christian & Sarantis, Nicholas, 2010. "Foreign exchange, fractional cointegration and the implied-realized volatility relation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 882-891, April.
- Bakshi, Gurdip & Madan, Dilip & Panayotov, George, 2010. "Returns of claims on the upside and the viability of U-shaped pricing kernels," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 130-154, July.
- Caio Ibsen R. Almeida & José Valentim M. Vicente, 2007.
"Identifying Volatility Risk Premium from Fixed Income Asian Options,"
Working Papers Series
136, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Almeida, Caio & Vicente, José, 2009. "Identifying volatility risk premia from fixed income Asian options," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 652-661, April.
- Stefan Nagel, 2011.
NBER Working Papers
17653, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fornari, Fabio, 2008.
"Assessing the compensation for volatility risk implicit in interest rate derivatives,"
Working Paper Series
0859, European Central Bank.
- Fornari, Fabio, 2010. "Assessing the compensation for volatility risk implicit in interest rate derivatives," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 722-743, September.
- Tim Bollerslev & Daniela Osterrieder & Natalia Sizova & George Tauchen, 2011. "Risk and Return: Long-Run Relationships, Fractional Cointegration, and Return Predictability," CREATES Research Papers 2011-51, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Mark Broadie & Mikhail Chernov & Michael Johannes, 2009.
"Understanding Index Option Returns,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(11), pages 4493-4529, November.
- Cao, Charles & Yu, Fan & Zhong, Zhaodong, 2010. "The information content of option-implied volatility for credit default swap valuation," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 321-343, August.
- Wu, Liuren, 2011. "Variance dynamics: Joint evidence from options and high-frequency returns," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 160(1), pages 280-287, January.
- Peter Carr & Liuren Wu, 2004. "Variance Risk Premia," Finance 0409015, EconWPA.
- Neely, Christopher J., 2009.
"Forecasting foreign exchange volatility: Why is implied volatility biased and inefficient? And does it matter?,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 188-205, February.
- Christopher J. Neely, 2004. "Forecasting foreign exchange volatility: why is implied volatility biased and inefficient? and does it matter?," Working Papers 2002-017, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Bruno Feunou & Mohammad R. Jahan-Parvar & Roméo Tedongap, 2013. "Which Parametric Model for Conditional Skewness?," Working Papers 13-32, Bank of Canada.
- Bo Young Chang & Bruno Feunou, 2013. "Measuring Uncertainty in Monetary Policy Using Implied Volatility and Realized Volatility," Working Papers 13-37, Bank of Canada.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.