ROUND TABLE DISCUSSION “CHALLENGES TO ECONOMIC THOUGH IN THE NEW CENTURY”: Outlook on the Development of Economic Science in Bulgaria
AbstractThe development of economic science before 1989 has been analysed. The spectrum of research works between 1948 and 1989 has been outlined, including the influence of Western theories. The change of paradigms after 1990 has been underlined; as well as new institutional structures; overcoming the international isolation of the Bulgarian economic thought. The main thematic and theoretic and methodological issues of the economic thought have been pointed out, as well as opinions and academic debates on its further development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute in its journal Economic Thought.
Volume (Year): (2006)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Other versions of this item:
- Mitko Dimitrov, 2002. "The State of Economics in Bulgaria," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 7, pages 21-38.
- Mitko Dimitrov, 2002. "The condition of the economic science in Bulgaria," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 4, pages 3-22.
- Mitko Dimitrov, 2002. "Economics – Bulgaria," ERI-BAS Chapters, in: Max Kaase & Vera Sparschuh (ed.), Three Social Science Disciplines in Central and Eastern Europe. Handbook on Economics, Political Science and Sociology (1989-2001), edition 1, chapter 4, pages 34-51 Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute.
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Deirdre N. McCloskey, 2000. "Other Things Equal: How To Be Scientific in Economics," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 241-246, Spring.
- Machin, Stephen & Oswald, Andrew, 2000. "UK Economics and the Future Supply of Academic Economists," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(464), pages F334-49, June.
- Mitko Dimitrov & Wladimir Andreff & Laszlo Csaba (ed.), 1999. "Economies in Transition and the Variety of Capitalisms. Features, Changes, Convergence," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 1:p:1-527, 2.
- Митко Димитров & Кирил Тодоров (ed.), 1996.
"Индустриалната Организация И Предприемачеството В Условията На Преход (Материали От Международна Конференц,"
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 8:p:1-281, 2.
- Mitko Dimitrov & Kiril Todorov (ed.), 1996. "Industrial Organisation and Entrepreneurship in Transition (proceedings of the International Conference, Albena - Varna, Bulgaria, 5-8 June 1995)," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 7:p:1-283, 2.
- George Petrakos, 2000. "Economic structure and change in the Balkan region: implications for integration, transition and economic cooperation," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 95-113, 03.
- Bartlett, Will & Rangelova, Rossitsa, 1997. " Small Firms and Economic Transformation in Bulgaria," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 319-33, August.
- Plamen D. Tchipev & Jurgen Backhaus & Frank Stephen (ed.), 1998. "Mass Privatisation Schemes in Central and East European Countries. Implications on Corporate Governance," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 9:p:1-322, 2.
- Roumen Avramov & Jérôme Sgard, 1996. "Bulgaria from Enterprise Indiscipline to Financial Crisis," Working Papers 1996-10, CEPII research center.
- Mitko Dimitrov & et al., 1997. "State Enterprise Restructuring in Bulgaria, Romania and Albania," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 2:p:1-294 edited by Mitko Dimitrov, 2.
- Alexander Dimitrov, 2006. "Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Economic Thought Magazine," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 7, pages 3-18.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vassil Zahariev).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.