Product Markets and 1992: Full Integration, Large Gains?
AbstractThe goal of the '"1992" program is to complete by January 1, 1993, what the European Community set out to do in 1957: create a common market with a free flow of goods, services, labor, and capital. If the program is completed, the twelve member countries of the Community will form a common market larger than the United States, both in terms of population and gross domestic product (GDP). The renewed efforts have fuelled high expectations among the participants, and led to apprehension among many onlookers. Will "1992" bring the full integration and substantial benefits that are expected? Do countries outside the European Community have reason to fear "1992" or will they also benefit?
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal Journal of Economic Perspectives.
Volume (Year): 6 (1992)
Issue (Month): 4 (Fall)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Carmen Díaz-Roldán & Antonio G. Gómez-Plana, 2004.
"Price-Cost Margins and Economic Integration: How Important is the Pro-Competitive Effect?,"
04-02, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Carmen Díaz-Roldán & Antonio G. Gómez-Plana, 2004. "Price-cost margins and economic integration: How important is the pro-competitive effect?," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/62, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Carmen Díaz-Roldán & Antonio G. Gómez-Plana, . "Price-Cost Margins and Economic Integration: How Important is the Pro-Competitive Effect?," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 04-02, FEDEA.
- Hans Gersbach & Hans Haller, 2007. "Hierarchical Trade and Endogenous Price Distortions," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 07/72, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Mario Crucini & Chris Telmer & Marios Zachariadis, .
"Understanding European Real Exchange Rates,"
GSIA Working Papers
227, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Mario J. Crucini & Chris I. Telmer & Marios Zachariadis, 2001. "Understanding European Real Exchange Rates," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0120, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Wintjes,Rene & Cobbenhagen,Jan, 1999. "Flanders Language Valley; Industrial Districts and Localized Technological Change," Research Memoranda 031, Maastricht : MERIT, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology.
- Bajo-Rubio, Oscar & Gomez-Plana, Antonio G., 2005.
"Simulating the effects of the European Single Market: A CGE analysis for Spain,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 689-709, September.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Antonio G. Gómez-Plana, . "Simulating the effects of the European single market: a CGE analysis for Spain," Studies on the Spanish Economy 208, FEDEA.
- Oscar Bajo & Antonio Gómez, 2005. "Simulating The Effects Of The European Single Market: A Cge Analysis For Spain," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de EconomÃa - Universidad PÃºblica de Navarra 0503, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Helpman, E., 1995.
"Politics and Trade Policy,"
30-95, Tel Aviv - the Sackler Institute of Economic Studies.
- Antonio G. Gómez-Plana & Oscar Bajo-Rubio, . "Algunos efectos del mercado único europeo sobre la economía española: Un análisis a través de un modelo de equilibrio general aplicado," Studies on the Spanish Economy 213, FEDEA.
- Kathryn M. E. Dominguez, 2006. "The European Central Bank, the Euro, and Global Financial Markets," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 67-88, Fall.
- A. Ganesh Kumar & Gordhan Kumar Saini, 2007. "Economic co-operation in South Asia: The Dilemma of SAFTA and beyond," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2007-017, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Jayatilleke S. Bandara & Wusheng Yu, 2007. "Agricultural trade liberalization in the Asia-Pacific region with specific reference to preferential trade agreements - scenario and impact analysis," STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT, in: Studies in Trade and Investment - AGRICULTURAL TRADE - PLANTING THE SEEDS OF REGIONAL LIBERALIZATION IN ASIA, volume 60, pages 131-162 United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Caniels, Marjolelein & Verspagen, Bart, 1999.
"The Effects of economic integration on regional growth, an evolutionary model,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa99pa219, European Regional Science Association.
- Caniëls,Marjolein & Verspagen,Bart, 1999. "The effects of economic integration on regional growth, an evolutionary model," Research Memoranda 029, Maastricht : MERIT, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology.
- Cani�ls, M.C.J. & Verspagen, B., 1999. "The effects of economic integration on regional growth, an evolutionary model," Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS) working paper series 99.13, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS).
- Verboven, F.L., 1994. "International price discrimination in the European car market: An econometric model of oligopoly behavior with product differentiation," Discussion Paper 1994-51, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.