Using Selection on Observed Variables to Assess Bias from Unobservables When Evaluating Swan-Ganz Catheterization
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 98 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rud, Iryna & Van Klaveren, Chris & Groot, Wim & Maassen van den Brink, Henriëtte, 2014.
"The externalities of crime: The effect of criminal involvement of parents on the educational attainment of their children,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 89-103.
- Rud, I. & Van Klaveren, C. & Groot, W. and Maassen van den Brink, H., 2012. "The externalities of crime: The effect of criminal involvement of parents on the educational attainment of their children," Working Papers 44, Top Institute for Evidence Based Education Research.
- Montes-Rojas, Gabriel & Galvao, Antonio F., 2014. "Bayesian endogeneity bias modeling," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 36-39.
- Pinka Chatterji & Margarita Alegria & David Takeuchi, 2008.
"Psychiatric Disorders and Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from the National Comorbidity Survey - Replication,"
NBER Working Papers
14404, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chatterji, Pinka & Alegria, Margarita & Takeuchi, David, 2011. "Psychiatric disorders and labor market outcomes: Evidence from the National Comorbidity Survey-Replication," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 858-868.
- Bhattacharya, Jay & Shaikh, Azeem M. & Vytlacil, Edward, 2012.
"Treatment effect bounds: An application to Swan–Ganz catheterization,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 223-243.
- Jay Bhattacharya & Azeem Shaikh & Edward Vytlacil, 2005. "Treatment Effect Bounds: An Application to Swan-Ganz Catheterization," NBER Working Papers 11263, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gurun, Ayfer & Millimet, Daniel L., 2008. "Does Private Tutoring Payoff?," IZA Discussion Papers 3637, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fowdur, Lona & Kadiyali, Vrinda & Prince, Jeffrey, 2012.
"Racial bias in expert quality assessment: A study of newspaper movie reviews,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 292-307.
- Lona Fowdur & Vrinda Kadiyali & Jeffrey T. Prince, 2009. "Racial Bias in Expert Quality Assessment: A Study of Newspaper Movie Reviews," Working Papers 2010-13, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Vrinda Kadiyali & Jeffrey Prince & Daniel Simon, 2014. "Is Dual Agency in Real Estate a Cause for Concern?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 164-195, January.
- Hinrichs, Peter, 2011. "The effects of attending a diverse college," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 332-341, April.
- Tamini, Lota D., 2011. "A nonparametric analysis of the impact of agri-environmental advisory activities on best management practice adoption: A case study of Québec," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1363-1374, May.
- Cavalcanti, Tiago & Guimaraes, Juliana & Sampaio, Breno, 2010. "Barriers to skill acquisition in Brazil: Public and private school students performance in a public university entrance exam," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 395-407, November.
- Averett, Susan L. & Terrizzi, Sabrina & Wang, Yang, 2013. "The Effect of Sorority Membership on Eating Disorders and Body Mass Index," IZA Discussion Papers 7512, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Montes-Rojas, G. & Galvao Jr, A. F., 2013. "Bayesian Endogeneity Bias Modeling," Working Papers 13/09, Department of Economics, City University London.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.