Stochastic Tastes and Money in a Neo-Keynesian Economy
This paper studies a monetary economy with heterogenous agents in which trade takes place in a centralized market. Each agent is a potential producer and consumer of a service (or perishable good) but has stochastic preferences that determines his taste for the good in each period in time. Money serves as a medium of exchange as well as a store of value. We prove existence of stationary fix-price equilibria with exogenously given quantity of money in which transactions can take place at non-Walrasian prices. Precautionary savings, under- and oversupply, dynamics on money holdings, and the effects of changes in the quantity of money are discussed.
|Date of creation:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Schönberggasse 1, CH-8001 Zürich|
Phone: +41-1-634 21 37
Fax: +41-1-634 49 82
Web page: http://www.econ.uzh.ch/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wallace, Neil, 1997. "Short-Run and Long-Run Effects of Changes in Money in a Random-Matching Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(6), pages 1293-1307, December.
- Diamond, Peter A, 1982.
"Aggregate Demand Management in Search Equilibrium,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 881-894, October.
- P. Diamond, 1980. "Aggregate Demand Management in Search Equilibrium," Working papers 268, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall, 1991. "A contribution to the pure theory of money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 215-235, April.
- Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & Randall Wright, 1989. "A contribution to the pure theory of money," Staff Report 123, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Berentsen, Aleksander, 2000. "Money Inventories in Search Equilibrium," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(2), pages 168-178, May.
- Aleksander Berentsen, 1996. "Money Inventories In Search Equilibrium," Diskussionsschriften dp9603, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Berentsen, Aleksander, 1998. "Money Inventories in Search Equilibrium," MPRA Paper 68579, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zur:iewwpx:088. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.