Optimal estimation of a large-dimensional covariance matrix under Stein’s loss
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ledoit, Olivier & Wolf, Michael, 2004.
"A well-conditioned estimator for large-dimensional covariance matrices,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 365-411, February.
- Ledoit, Olivier & Wolf, Michael, 2000. "A well conditioned estimator for large dimensional covariance matrices," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 10087, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Silverstein, J. W., 1995. "Strong Convergence of the Empirical Distribution of Eigenvalues of Large Dimensional Random Matrices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 331-339, November.
- Silverstein, J. W. & Choi, S. I., 1995. "Analysis of the Limiting Spectral Distribution of Large Dimensional Random Matrices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 295-309, August.
- Silverstein, J. W. & Bai, Z. D., 1995. "On the Empirical Distribution of Eigenvalues of a Class of Large Dimensional Random Matrices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 175-192, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brett Naul & Bala Rajaratnam & Dario Vincenzi, 2016. "The role of the isotonizing algorithm in Stein’s covariance matrix estimator," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 1453-1476, December.
- Olivier Ledoit & Michael Wolf, 2014. "Nonlinear shrinkage of the covariance matrix for portfolio selection: Markowitz meets Goldilocks," ECON - Working Papers 137, Department of Economics - University of Zurich, revised Feb 2017.
More about this item
KeywordsLarge-dimensional asymptotics; nonlinear shrinkage estimation; random matrix theory; rotation equivariance; Stein’s loss;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zur:econwp:122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seizhch.html .