Competitive markets and “as if” methodology
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Boland, Lawrence A, 1979. "A Critique of Friedman's Critics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 17(2), pages 503-522, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sidney G. Winter, 2016. "Pursuing the Evolutionary Agenda in Economics and Management Research," LEM Papers Series 2016/22, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- McDonald, John, 2009. "Using least squares and tobit in second stage DEA efficiency analyses," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(2), pages 792-798, September.
- Galbács Peter, 2021. "What did it take for Lucas to set up ‘useful’ analogue systems in monetary business cycle theory?," Economics and Business Review, Sciendo, vol. 7(3), pages 61-82, September.
- Hall, Stephen G. & Klein, Lawrence R. & Tavlas, George S. & Zellner, Arnold, 2010. "Introduction: P.A.V.B. Swamy's contribution to Econometrics," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1338-1344, November.
- Zanotti, Gabriel J. & Cachanosky, NicolÃ¡s, 2015. "Implications Of Machlupâ€™S Interpretation Of Misesâ€™S Epistemology," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(1), pages 111-138, March.
- Lawrence A. Boland & Irene M. Gordon, 1992. "Criticizing positive accounting theory," Contemporary Accounting Research, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 9(1), pages 142-170, September.
- D Wade Hands, 2013. "GP08 is the New F53: Gul and Pesendorfer’s Methodological Essay from the Viewpoint of Blaug’s Popperian Methodology," Chapters, in: Marcel Boumans & Matthias Klaes (ed.), Mark Blaug: Rebel with Many Causes, chapter 17, pages 245-266, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lasse B. Lien & Peter G. Klein, 2013. "Can the Survivor Principle Survive Diversification?," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(5), pages 1478-1494, October.
- GC Harcourt, 2016. "Stanley Wong (23 July 1947â€“30 April 2016): A tribute," The Economic and Labour Relations Review, , vol. 27(4), pages 559-561, December.
- Stanley C. W. Salvary, 2004. "Society, Science, And Economics: The Delicate Balance Between Ideology And Epistemology And The Concept Of Fairness," Method and Hist of Econ Thought 0412002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gérard Charreaux, 2008.
"La recherche en finance d’entreprise:quel positionnement méthodologique ?,"
Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 11(Special), pages 237-290, June.
- Gérard Charreaux, 2008. "La recherche en finance d'entreprise : quel positionnement méthodologique ?," Post-Print halshs-00338091, HAL.
- Gérard Charreaux, 2008. "La recherche en finance d’entreprise:quel positionnement méthodologique?," Working Papers CREGO 1080501, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Stephan Klasen, 2008. "The Efficiency of Equity," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 257-274.
- Brahmachari, Deborshi, 2016. "Neoclassical Economics as a Method of Scientific Research Program : A review of existing literature," MPRA Paper 75341, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Silva Lopes, Artur, 1994. "A "hipótese das expectativas racionais": teoria e realidade (uma visita guiada à literatura até 1992) [The "rational expectations hypothesis": theory and reality (a guided tour ," MPRA Paper 9699, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Jul 2008.
- Simone Landini & Mauro Gallegati & J. Barkley Rosser, 2020. "Consistency and incompleteness in general equilibrium theory," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 205-230, January.
- Elba K. Brown-Collier, 1985. "Methodology and the Practice of Economics: A Critique of Patinkin's Interpretation of Keynes," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 373-383, Oct-Dec.
- David Calnitsky & Asher Dupuy-Spencer, 2013. "The economic consequences of homo economicus: neoclassical economic theory and the fallacy of market optimality," The Journal of Philosophical Economics, Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies, The Journal of Philosophical Economics, vol. 6(2), May.
- Paul Pfleiderer, 2014. "Camaleones: el mal uso de modelos teóricos en finanzas y economía," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 16(31), pages 23-30, July-Dece.
- Cole, Julio H., 2007. "Milton Friedman (1912 – 2006)," Documentos de trabajo 1/2007, Instituto de Investigaciones Socio-Económicas (IISEC), Universidad Católica Boliviana.
- Peter Galbács, 2019. "Friedman’s instrumentalism in F53. A Weberian reading," The Journal of Philosophical Economics, Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies, The Journal of Philosophical Economics, vol. 12(2), pages 31-53, May.
More about this item
Keywords“As if” methodology; Competitive market; Market aggregation; Market simulation; Price aggregation.;
All these keywords.
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- E10 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpmi:0504003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: EconWPA (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.