Economists’ Topsy-Turvy View of Piracy
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nikolaus Thumm & Vincenzo Butticè & Federico Caviggioli & Chiara Franzoni & Giuseppe, Scellato, 2018. "Impact of counterfeiting on the performance of digital technology companies," JRC Working Papers on Digital Economy 2018-03, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Lee, Jonathan F., 2018.
"Purchase, pirate, publicize: Private-network music sharing and market album sales,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 35-55.
- Jonathan Lee, 2018. "Purchase, Pirate, Publicize: Private-network Music Sharing And Market Album Sales," Working Paper 1354, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Sana El Harbi & Gilles Grolleau, 2008. "Profiting from Being Pirated by ‘Pirating’ the Pirates," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 385-390, August.
- Insaf Bekir & Sana El Harbi & Gilles Grolleau, 2013.
"How a luxury monopolist might benefit from the aspirational utility effect of counterfeiting?,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 169-182, August.
- Insaf Bekir & Sana El Harbi & Gilles Grolleau, 2013. "How a luxury monopolist might benefit from the aspirational utility effect of counterfeiting?," Post-Print hal-01506025, HAL.
- Alberto Pastore, 2014. "No al falso! Un’indagine esplorativa sulle strategie anti-contraffazione delle fashion firms," MERCATI E COMPETITIVIT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(2), pages 81-102.
- Stan J. Liebowitz & Richard Watt, 2006. "How To Best Ensure Remuneration For Creators In The Market For Music? Copyright And Its Alternatives," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(4), pages 513-545, September.
- Grolleau, Gilles & Mzoughi, Naoufel & Sutan, Angela, 2008. "Please do not pirate it, you will rob the poor! An experimental investigation on the effect of charitable donations on piracy," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2417-2426, December.
- Insaf Bekir & Sana El Harbi & Gilles Grolleau, 2012. "The strategy of raising counterfeiters’ costs in luxury markets," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 645-661, June.
- Butticè, Vincenzo & Caviggioli, Federico & Franzoni, Chiara & Scellato, Giuseppe & Stryszowski, Piotr & Thumm, Nikolaus, 2020. "Counterfeiting in digital technologies: An empirical analysis of the economic performance and innovative activities of affected companies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(5).
- Noemí Pulido Pavón & Luis Palma Martos & Luis F. Aguado, 2016. "Derechos de autor. Enfoque económico, evolución y perspectivas," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 18(35), pages 151-169, July-Dece.
- Ariel Katz, 2013. "Copyright and competition policy," Chapters, in: Ruth Towse & Christian Handke (ed.), Handbook on the Digital Creative Economy, chapter 19, pages 209-221, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Handke, Christian, 2012. "Digital copying and the supply of sound recordings," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 15-29.
- David Waterman & Sung Ji & Laura Rochet, 2007. "Enforcement and Control of Piracy, Copying, and Sharing in the Movie Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 30(4), pages 255-289, June.
- Alan E. Woodfield, 2006. "Piracy Accommodation and the Optimal Timing of Royalty Payments," Working Papers in Economics 06/01, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
More about this item
Keywordscopyright; indirect appropriability; copying; mp3; downloads;
- K - Law and Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2005-05-07 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HPE-2005-05-07 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2005-05-07 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwple:0505002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.