Using Value-at-Risk to Control Risk Taking: How Wrong Can you Be?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas J. Linsmeier & Neil D. Pearson, 1996. "Risk Measurement: An Introduction to Value at Risk," Finance 9609004, EconWPA.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1995. "Techniques for verifying the accuracy of risk measurement models," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jose A. Lopez, 1996. "Regulatory Evaluation of Value-at-Risk Models," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-51, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Darryll Hendricks, 1996. "Evaluation of value-at-risk models using historical data," Proceedings 512, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Linsmeier, Thomas J. & Pearson, Neil D., 1996. "Risk measurement: an introduction to value at risk," ACE Reports 14796, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics.
- Darryll Hendricks, 1996. "Evaluation of value-at-risk models using historical data," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 39-69.
- Jon Danielsson, 1997. "Extreme Returns, Tail Estimation, and Value-at-Risk," FMG Discussion Papers dp273, Financial Markets Group.
- J. S. Butler & Barry Schachter, 1996. "Improving Value-At-Risk Estimates By Combining Kernel Estimation With Historical Simulation," Finance 9605001, EconWPA.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philippe Jorion, 2007. "Bank Trading Risk and Systemic Risk," NBER Chapters,in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 29-58 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cornelis A Los, 2005.
"Why VaR FailsLong Memory and Extreme Events in Financial Markets,"
The IUP Journal of Financial Economics,
IUP Publications, vol. 0(3), pages 19-36, September.
- Cornelis A. Los, 2004. "Why VAR Fails: Long Memory and Extreme Events in Financial Markets," Finance 0412014, EconWPA.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:23:y:2017:i:c:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- G - Financial Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:9810002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .