On the Ranking Uncertainty of Labor Market Wage Gaps
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- William C. Horrace, 2005. "On the ranking uncertainty of labor market wage gaps," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(1), pages 181-187, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosenthal, Robert W, 1989. "A Bounded-Rationality Approach to the Study of Noncooperative Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 18(3), pages 273-291.
- Janet Currie & Jonathan Gruber, 1996.
"Health Insurance Eligibility, Utilization of Medical Care, and Child Health,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 111(2), pages 431-466.
- Janet Currie & Jonathan Gruber, 1995. "Health Insurance Eligibility, Utilization of Medical care, and Child Health," NBER Working Papers 5052, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1977. "Some Theorems in the Linear Probability Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(3), pages 645-650, October.
- James J. Heckman & James M. Snyder, Jr., 1996. "Linear Probability Models of the Demand for Attributes with an Empirical Application to Estimating the Preferences of Legislators," NBER Working Papers 5785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert W. Fairlie & William A. Sundstrom, 1999. "The Emergence, Persistence, and Recent Widening of the Racial Unemployment Gap," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 52(2), pages 252-270, January.
- Lukashin, Youri Pavlovich, 2000. "Econometric Analysis of Managers' Judgements on the Determinants of the Financial Situation in Russia," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 33(1-2), pages 85-101.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beyza Ural & William Horrace & Jin Hwa Jung, 2009.
"Inter-industry gender wage gaps by knowledge intensity: discrimination and technology in Korea,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(11), pages 1437-1452.
- William C. Horrace & Beyza P. Ural & Jin Hwa Jung, 2006. "Inter-Industry Gender Wage Gaps by Knowledge Intensity: Discrimination and Technology in Korea," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 79, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Yun, Myeong-Su, 2006. "Revisiting Inter-Industry Wage Differentials and the Gender Wage Gap: An Identification Problem," IZA Discussion Papers 2427, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- William Horrace & Joseph Marchand & Timothy Smeeding, 2008.
"Ranking inequality: Applications of multivariate subset selection,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 6(1), pages 5-32, March.
- William C. Horrace & Joseph T. Marchand & Timothy M. Smeeding, 2005. "Ranking Inequality: Applications of Multivariate Subset Selection," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 70, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- William C. Horrace & Joseph T. Marchand & Timothy M. Smeeding, 2006. "Ranking Inequality: Applications of Multivariate Subset Selection," Working Papers 21, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Lin, Eric S., 2010. "Gender wage gaps by college major in Taiwan: Empirical evidence from the 1997-2003 Manpower Utilization Survey," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 156-164, February.
- Yun, Myeong-Su & Lin, Eric S., 2015. "An Alternative Estimator for Industrial Gender Wage Gaps: A Normalized Regression Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 9381, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- William Horrace & Christopher Parmeter, 2016. "Accounting for Multiplicity in Inference on Economics Journal Rankings," Working Papers 2016-08, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- William C. Horrace, 2002. "Selection Procedures for Order Statistics in Empirical Economic Studies," Econometrics 0206005, EconWPA.
More about this item
KeywordsLabor economics; discrimination; wage differentials; multiple comparisons with the best;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpem:0206003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .