Allocative efficiency and traders' protection under zero intelligence behavior
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marco LiCalzi & Paolo Pellizzari, 2008. "Zero-Intelligence Trading without Resampling," Working Papers 164, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Mirowski, Philip, 2007. "Markets come to bits: Evolution, computation and markomata in economic science," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 209-242, June.
- Sunder, S., 1992. "Lower Bounds for Efficiency of Surplus Extraction in Double Auctions," GSIA Working Papers 1992-17, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- LiCalzi, Marco & Pellizzari, Paolo, 2007.
"Simple market protocols for efficient risk sharing,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 3568-3590, November.
- Marco LiCalzi & Paolo Pellizzari, 2005. "Simple market protocols for efficient risk sharing," Finance 0504019, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco LiCalzi & Paolo Pellizzari, 2006. "Simple Market Protocols for Efficient Risk Sharing," Working Papers 136, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Hurwicz, Leonid & Radner, Roy & Reiter, Stanley, 1975.
"A Stochastic Decentralized Resource Allocation Process: Part I,"
Econometric Society, vol. 43(2), pages 187-221, March.
- Hurwicz, Leonid & Radner, Roy & Reiter, Stanley, 1975. "A Stochastic Decentralized Resource Allocation Process: Part II," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(3), pages 363-393, May.
- Zhan, Wenjie & Friedman, Daniel, 2007. "Markups in double auction markets," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 2984-3005, September.
- Gode, Dhananjay (Dan) K. & Sunder, Shyam, 2004.
"Double auction dynamics: structural effects of non-binding price controls,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 1707-1731, July.
- Dhananjay (Dan) K. Gode & Shyam Sunder, 2000. "Double Auction Dynamics: Structural Effects Of Non-Binding Price Controls," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm1, Yale School of Management.
- Dhananjay K. & Shyam Sunder, 2004. "Double Auction Dynamics: Structural Effects of Non-binding Price Controls," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm141, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Apr 2008.
- Gode, Dhananjay K & Sunder, Shyam, 1993. "Allocative Efficiency of Markets with Zero-Intelligence Traders: Market as a Partial Substitute for Individual Rationality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(1), pages 119-137, February.
- Gul, Faruk & Lundholm, Russell, 1995. "Endogenous Timing and the Clustering of Agents' Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 1039-1066, October.
- Duffy, John, 2006. "Agent-Based Models and Human Subject Experiments," Handbook of Computational Economics,in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 19, pages 949-1011 Elsevier.
- Crockett, Sean & Spear, Stephen & Sunder, Shyam, 2008. "Learning competitive equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 651-671, July.
- Paul Brewer & Maria Huang & Brad Nelson & Charles Plott, 2002. "On the Behavioral Foundations of the Law of Supply and Demand: Human Convergence and Robot Randomness," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 5(3), pages 179-208, December.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1982. "Microeconomic Systems as an Experimental Science," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 923-955, December.
- Dhananjay K. Gode & Shyam Sunder, 1997. "What Makes Markets Allocationally Efficient?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 603-630.
- Arifovic, Jasmina & Ledyard, John, 2007. "Call market book information and efficiency," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1971-2000, June.
- Marco LiCalzi & Paolo Pellizzari, 2006. "The allocative effectiveness of market protocols under intelligent trading," Working Papers 134, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Alvin E. Roth, 2002. "The Economist as Engineer: Game Theory, Experimentation, and Computation as Tools for Design Economics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1341-1378, July.
- Maslov, Sergei, 2000. "Simple model of a limit order-driven market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 278(3), pages 571-578.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roberto Cervone & Stefano Galavotti & Marco LiCalzi, 2009. "Symmetric Equilibria in Double Auctions with Markdown Buyers and Markup Sellers," Working Papers 187, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
More about this item
Keywordsmarket engineering; trading protocols; competitive share; exchange market;
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2008-10-28 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-MST-2008-10-28 (Market Microstructure)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vnm:wpaper:168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marco LiCalzi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dmvenit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.