Subsistence and Semi-Subsistence Farming in Selected EU New Member States
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sophia Davidova & Lena Fredriksson & Alastair Bailey, 2009. "Subsistence and semi-subsistence farming in selected EU new member states," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(s1), pages 733-744, November.
- Davidova, Sophia & Fredriksson, Lena & Bailey, Alastair, 2009. "Subsistence and Semi-subsistence Farming in Selected EU New Member States," 111th Seminar, June 26-27, 2009, Canterbury, UK 52801, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nigel Key & Elisabeth Sadoulet & Alain De Janvry, 2000. "Transactions Costs and Agricultural Household Supply Response," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(2), pages 245-259.
- Philip Kostov & John Lingard, 2004.
"Subsistence Agriculture in Transition Economies: Its Roles and Determinants,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 565-579.
- Philip Kostov & John Lingard, 2004. "Subsistence Agriculture in Transition Economies: its Roles and Determinants," Others 0410004, EconWPA.
- Zenaida Toquero & Bart Duff & Teresa Anden-Lacsina & Yujiro Hayami, 1975. "Marketable Surplus Functions for a Subsistence Crop: Rice in the Philippines," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 57(4), pages 705-709.
- Philip Kostov & John Lingard, 2004. "Institutional foundations of subsistence agriculture in transition economies," Others 0409010, EconWPA.
- de Janvry, Alain & Fafchamps, Marcel & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1991. "Peasant Household Behaviour with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explained," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1400-1417, November.
- Petrovici, D.A. & Gorton, M., 2005. "An evaluation of the importance of subsistence food production for assessments of poverty and policy targeting: Evidence from Romania," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 205-223, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Viira, Ants-Hannes & PÃ¶der, Anne & VÃ¤rnik, Rando, 2013. "The Determinants of Farm Growth, Decline and Exit in Estonia," Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, vol. 62(1).
- Möllers, Judith & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Csáki, Csaba (ed.), 2011. "Structural change in agriculture and rural livelihoods: Policy implications for the New Member States of the European Union," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 61, number 61.
- Fritzsch, Jana, 2011. "A Composite Fuzzy Indicator for Assessing Farm Household Potential for Non-farm Income Diversification," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114349, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nicola Galluzzo, 2016. "Role Of Financial Subsidies Allocated By The Cap And Out Emigration In Romanian Rural Areas," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 3, pages 218-224, June.
- A. Bailey & S. Davidova & P. Hazell, 2009. "Introduction to the special issue "small farms: decline or persistence?"," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(s1), pages 715-717, November.
- Jitea, Ionel-Mugurel & Pocol, Christina Bianca, 2014. "The Impact of the Common Agricultural Policy on Romanian Farming Structures. Who are the Winners and who are the Losers?," 142nd Seminar, May 29-30, 2014, Budapest, Hungary 170799, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Viira, Ants-Hannes & PÃ¶der, Anne & VÃ¤rnik, Rando, 2014. "Discrepancies between the Intentions and Behaviour of Farm Operators in the Contexts of Farm Growth, Decline, Continuation and Exit â€“ Evidence from Estonia," Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, vol. 63(1).
- Szumelda Anna, 2013. "Is Small Beautiful? The Debate on the Future of Small Individual Farms in Poland," Eastern European Countryside, De Gruyter Open, vol. 19, pages 219-250, December.
- Kujáni, Katalin Olga, 2011. "The French multifunctional model and the short food supply chain as adaptable examples in the case of small and self- subsistence farms in the EU new member states," Problems of World Agriculture / Problemy Rolnictwa Åšwiatowego, WydziaÅ‚ Nauk Ekonomicznych, Uniwersytet Warszawski, vol. 11(26).
- Traikova, Diana, 2013. "Determinants of non-farm entrepreneurial intentions in a transitional context: Evidence from rural Bulgaria," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 72, number 72.
- Fritzsch, Jana & Wegener, Stefan & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Curtiss, Jarmila & Paloma, Sergio Gomez y, 2011. "Is there a future for semi-subsistence farm households in Central and southeastern Europe? A multiobjective linear programming approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 70-91, January.
- D'Amico, Mario & Coppola, Adele & Chinnici, Gaetano & Di Vita, Giuseppe & Pappalardo, Gioacchino, 2012. "EU Agricultural Systems in the new CAP perspectives," 126th Seminar, June 27-29, 2012, Capri, Italy 126116, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hasan Tekgüç, 2012. "Separability between own food production and consumption in Turkey," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 423-439, September.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural households; subsistence; commercialisation; incomes; cluster analysis; stepwise regression;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-10-24 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-TRA-2009-10-24 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ukc:ukcedp:0920. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tracey Girling). General contact details of provider: http://www.kent.ac.uk/economics/ .