A Peculiar Sample: a reply to Steckel and Ziebarth
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pritchett, Jonathan & Freudenberger, Herman, 2016. "A Peculiar Sample: A Reply to Steckel and Ziebarth," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 76(01), pages 139-162, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1979.
"The Structure of Slave Prices in New Orleans, 1804 to 1862,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(4), pages 496-518, October.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1978. "The Structure of Slave Prices in New Orleans, 1804 to 1862," UCLA Economics Working Papers 119, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Calomiris, Charles W. & Pritchett, Jonathan B., 2009.
"Preserving Slave Families for Profit: Traders' Incentives and Pricing in the New Orleans Slave Market,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 69(04), pages 986-1011, December.
- Charles Calomiris & Jonathan Pritchett, 2008. "Preserving Slave Families for Profit: Traders' Incentives and Pricing in the New Orleans Slave Market," NBER Working Papers 14281, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steckel, Richard H. & Ziebarth, Nicolas, 2013. "A Troublesome Statistic: Traders and Coastal Shipments in the Westward Movement of Slaves," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 73(03), pages 792-809, September.
- Choo, Eugene & Eid, Jean, 2008. "Interregional Price Difference in the New Orleans Auctions Market for Slaves," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 26, pages 486-509.
- Pritchett, Jonathan B. & Freudenberger, Herman, 1992. "A Peculiar Sample: The Selection of Slaves for the New Orleans Market," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(01), pages 109-127, March.
- Jonathan B. Pritchett & Richard M. Chamberlain, 1993. "Selection in the Market for Slaves: New Orleans, 1830–1860," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(2), pages 461-473.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tul:wpaper:1504. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rodrigo Aranda Balcazar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detulus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.